Question Of The Day 1 September, 2019

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Carbs!
Pasta, Potatoes and Plain ol' rice! And gobs of it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Homemade cornbread, brownies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty much anything with pasta: mac and cheese, spaghetti, baked ziti, goulash, etc. Chocolate anything. Pot pie, whether it's made with chicken or beef (not an actual pot pie, but a meat base with homemade dough squares.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chili, mac and cheese, beef stroganoff, goulash, kluski. Really any combo of pasta and cheese.

DH found a small local southern restaurant we tried out this weekend. Like real home-cooking. It was amaaaazing! I had a harder time choosing my side dishes than my entree (true, homemade fried chicken...it was so perfect. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, not over seasoned or salted!). I had limas with dumplings and collard greens (which were better than the ones I have at church dinners. sshhh...) because they were out of fried cabbage. I could have made a meal off the side dish options. :paperbag: I need to go back just to try more side dishes. They sat us near the dessert case. Everything looked truly home-made. Cakes, pies... :drool: If DH and I weren't heading out to kayak right after we might not have been able to resist dessert. I told him we should stop back by after kayaking. :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are the first person on here other than me to mention that ever. :lol:
Emeril turned me on to it many years ago,but I don't like potatoes in mine.It's my go to all winter...absolutely love it!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Emeril turned me on to it many years ago,but I don't like potatoes in mine.It's my go to all winter...absolutely love it!
OK, that makes sense. It's very popular in my area and you don't hear much about it outside of this area, but Emeril is originally from here. :lol: