Question of the day 08/26/15

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heights. I used to be terrified of spiders until I was forced to conquer it. When DD was small, about 2 or so, she and I were home alone and there was a big spider on the living room wall. I saw it and screamed, she did too, just because I did. I realized that one of us was going to have to deal with the d@mn thing and it probably wan't going to be her. I managed to get rid of it. I still am not a big fan but they don't terrify me anymore. I know that most of them eat the bad bugs that I don't want around so I try to just take them outside and release them instead of killing them. It used to be so bad that I couldn't touch a picture of one. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the things i fear the most have to do with my cats. like if one of them should scoot outside accidentally, or if one ate a rubber band (elastic) or a piece of string, or similar types of things.

the only other thing i can think of is snakes. i don't mind snakes in general, but it's hard to know if one you come across is poisonous.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

the things i fear the most have to do with my cats. like if one of them should scoot outside accidentally, or if one ate a rubber band (elastic) or a piece of string, or similar types of things.

the only other thing i can think of is snakes. i don't mind snakes in general, but it's hard to know if one you come across is poisonous.
Yea, the cats concern me also - I bet everyone here can relate to that one.

Just this morning, Casper (our 14-1/2 year old) got a sudden burst of curiosity and found 2 rubberbands sitting on the coffee table.  I didn't even know they were there - it's something we typically throw into the garbage, or hide.  I was half asleep, saw his paw going up around the glass table, and making a swipe at "something".  I then saw what it was, clapped my hand very loudly and he backed off.  They went right into the garbage, and I warned my better half about leaving such things out in plain site.  I can't even imagine what could have happened had I not been there to see it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plants.  I've talked about it on TCS before.  it goes back to when my cousin and I were little.  She didn't like me so it started with her putting me down in the grass when I was too little to walk.  (She also dunked me under the water at the beach at least once that I remember but I got over that one.  And locked me in a closet when I was about 18 months old.  The brat!!)  We joke about it now and I just razzed her because she is almost 40; but that plant fear stuck.  She had me convinced that if I got a grass stain on my bare knee; clovers would grow out of it.  I remember having dreams that I was pulling clover from my knee and the stems never ended.  I'd have dreams my bed was surrounded by giant jungle like plants.  They were awful.  

In spite of that; I've come to love my gardening.  I just wear sleeves and gloves and keep things out of my face.  I prefer to wear pants too; but it's just too hot for that most of the season.  One time DH and I were on a walking trail that went through a marsh near us.  There was this dry, fuzzy topped marsh grass that had dried and fallen down.  We were on a board walk walking through it and it was taller than me in spots.  DH thought he was so funny.  I took one and came up behind me and put it over my shoulder.  I was so mad!!  We had been married at least 5 years at that point.  It wasn't like he didn't know my feelings about plants.  He sure knew after that! 
  He always helps me harvest the garden.  He gets the things I can't comfortably reach.  I appreciate it!  The marsh incident happened before we had our gardens.  But he used to hold branches and brush back when we'd go on hikes in the mountains too.  I don't know what came over him that day! 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too many things to list. Some of the more normal ones are bees, wasps and things to do with the animals getting injured.

missycab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cockroaches. They disgust me. And I'm not crazy about moths either.

And on a weird note, I hate buttons. I couldn't put my hand inside a button jar. Yuck.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Spiders and clowns. Yeesh. A spider dressed like a clown would be enough to put me in my grave.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The dark. I am 60 years old and I am scared to death of the dark.

If I was alone in the house at 3:00 in the morning and we lost power, I'd drop dead. Heart attack. I swear.

I don't want to be buried because of the dark. I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered. There's no way I want to to down under the ground.

Last edited:

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The dark. I am 60 years old and I am scared to death of the dark.

If I was alone in the house at 3:00 in the morning and we lost power, I'd drop dead. Heart attack. I swear.

I don't want to be buried because of the dark. I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered. There's no way I want to to down under the ground.
I'm getting cremated too. After my body is donated for organ's it's getting cremated. The thought of being buried in the ground with the spider's scares the crap out of me!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- A painful death (And/or becoming murdered. I swear I would become mighty pissy at ya)
- Something bad happening to my animals (And if you hurt my animals, I would become extra pissy at ya, to put it lightly)
- House fire
- Poisonous bugs or snakes
- Becoming paralyzed or blind

There might be more, but those what came to mind first.