Question of the day 04/01/15

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning TCS ... sorry for the delay post today... :blush:

12.- ¿What kind of school you went when you was a child? ¿ How was your esperience about it? ¿ Do you have some special memorie about it? :)

Happy middle of the week!:wavey:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just regular (not private) schools,I'll never forget my 4th grade class because I had the most wonderful teacher who loved animals as much as I did, and she encouraged me so much in my painting and drawing. I'll be forever grateful. It was not so much fun in my teens, I was a loner and didn't join any 'clicks' as they were called, so I got beat up a lot and called a lot of names, but oh well, I survived!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to public schools. I loved my 4th grade class as well. I had a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Bickhardt. I was always doing extra credit reports because I wanted to use the computer :lol3: I did tons of extra credit in her class because I always was finished with assignments quick (thanks to my grandmother, for always teaching me and bringing me to a higher level of knowledge than what my current school year level was). I also remember being so disappointed when I saw she put me in the 5th grade teacher's class with the WORST reputation in the entire school. Everyone dreaded that teacher. She told me she only put me in there because she knew that I had what it took to excel in it.

I've often wondered how she's doing these days.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to public school.  It was ok.  There were good things and bad.  I had some trouble with bullies from 3rd to 6th grade; mostly in 4th.  We moved after that and while I was never a "cool" kid; I had friends (not that I didn't when I had a few bullies) and some clubs I enjoyed.  By the time I hit my senior year I was really ready to be out of there.  In the years after we graduated I said that the only thing I missed was chorus.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Public school. Nothing untoward or weird. No bullying. I did have a girl tell me one time that she wanted to shove my face into the locker. I told her to knock herself out if it would make her feel better. She laughed and walked away and that was the last I ever talked to her. Which was weird. 

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Went to public school and I was fortunate enough to have a great experience. I really excelled in writing and reading (not so much math!). My school was small so everyone knew everyone and the teachers became almost like friends. My favourite memories have got to be taking care of the classroom guinea pig in grade 4 and having one of the best and funniest teachers in 5th grade who sadly passed away when I graduated from high school. My sisters all went to the same elementary and so when I used to come pick up my youngest sister or visit the school on family nights, teachers would tease our family and ask how many more clones do we have left for them to teach!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Public elementary and middle schools, private high school.Busing was introduced while I was in middle school, and my class was in three different schools in different parts of the district several days a week at one point. The other days it was "only" two schools a day. We had to catch the bus at 6 a.m.. It was crazy.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Public elementary and middle schools, private high school.Busing was introduced while I was in middle school, and my class was in three different schools in different parts of the district several days a week at one point. The other days it was "only" two schools a day. We had to catch the bus at 6 a.m.. It was crazy.
Wow, what were they thinking, no wonder you and your parents decided on a private school after that.