Question - Kitchen Faucet

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am thinking of replacing my kitchen faucet. I have been looking at the ones that have the pull down spray. My questions is does anyone else here have one. If so, what is the brand name and do you like it. I have looked at several from the Lowe's store and been trying to search the web for reviews. So far not many of them have very good reviews.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have one....it's a Moen Haysfield (I think it was called). We love it and haven't had any trouble with it *knock on wood*. My sister has had a pull-down now for about two years; she hasn't had any trouble with hers either.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202978...0053&cm_sp=BazVoice-_-QA_PSVP-_-202978495-_-x

We got ours at Home Depot....our faucet is not on the right, though; we moved it to the left (for hot water, you pull the faucet toward the sink, not toward the back). We didn't add the faucet base; we have two holes drilled; one for the faucet and one for the dish soap.

duckdodgers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooh, that is the one thing that my apartment's sink does not have that I want.  They make life so much easier!  My parents redid the kitchen sink a couple of years back and had one put in, but I don't know what the brand name is.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Here's our faucet.......as you can see, our handle is on the left side, not the right. When they drilled the hole for the soap dispenser, they came too close to the faucet and it didn't look right on the other side. We don't mind it on the left side.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the great picture. I love the counter tops. I looked up this faucet at Home Depot after your first post. I can't believe how expensive these darn things are. Two questions: How long have you had yours. Also, can you find out the name of your sister's. We are considering getting a water softening system and the filtered water at the sink. I don't want to give up my sprayer and I don't want a third hole drilled in the sink top. So we are thinking of swapping out the faucet and use the space for the soap dispenser as the extra faucet needed for the filtered water.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks!

We did our kitchen over last fall and the faucet and sink went in right before Thanksgiving. Yes, they are expensive, although the Haysfield was a little cheaper than some of the faucets on the market.

My sister has had her faucet for about two years, give or take a couple of months....she likes her, too. I think her faucet is a Delta, but not sure. Will text her, although she may not remember.....she's terrible about remembering what's in her house!

We have a water softener and reverse osmosis system in the basement. It goes directly to our kitchen, so the water is filtered before it hits our kitchen faucet. One of my GFs has three holes: one for the faucet, one for the dish liquid, and a third for filtered water. We thought about that, but there was no need to do that here since the filtered water goes into our main faucet.

But, you could use the dish liquid hole for a filtered water faucet, if you wanted......but would you have to look for a faucet package that also has the filtered water faucet as well as a regular one? I'm sure they'd have them in the same package? (I hope I'm being clear......it doesn't sound like I am!)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks!

We did our kitchen over last fall and the faucet and sink went in right before Thanksgiving. Yes, they are expensive, although the Haysfield was a little cheaper than some of the faucets on the market.

My sister has had her faucet for about two years, give or take a couple of months....she likes her, too. I think her faucet is a Delta, but not sure. Will text her, although she may not remember.....she's terrible about remembering what's in her house!

We have a water softener and reverse osmosis system in the basement. It goes directly to our kitchen, so the water is filtered before it hits our kitchen faucet. One of my GFs has three holes: one for the faucet, one for the dish liquid, and a third for filtered water. We thought about that, but there was no need to do that here since the filtered water goes into our main faucet.

But, you could use the dish liquid hole for a filtered water faucet, if you wanted......but would you have to look for a faucet package that also has the filtered water faucet as well as a regular one? I'm sure they'd have them in the same package? (I hope I'm being clear......it doesn't sound like I am!)
The folks who would put in the softener would supply the faucet for the filtered water. I am still looking. It seems like the ones I find that I like have bad reviews.:lol3:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh, OK....I didn't realize they would do that.

BTW, my sister got back to me; they have a Moen faucet, too. It looks a lot like ours, but it isn't a Haysfield....she's not sure what name it is. But she says it's a Moen.

Check out this link: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/kitchbath/

They talk about kitchen everything, from cabinets to countertops to lighting to faucets and sinks to....................anything.