Question:Is my cats spay incision infected or healing properly ?

nyxbb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my car spayed 1/20 and it’s now 1/27. I noticed fur getting stuck to her incision and tried to dab it off but I’m scared her incision still has some stuck in it and might get infected. Does it look like it is healing properly ??

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I think that looks pretty good actually. If it is oozing at all, send a pic to the vet and ask them about it. Oozing clear fluid can be the result of the healing process, any other color would possibly be indicative of an infection. I don't see any out of the ordinary swelling, which is also a good sign.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I also agree that her incision looks like it's healing nicely. Here is an Article about what to expect after surgery and you can scroll down to "Is the Spay Incision Infected."
Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery - TheCatSite

I got my car spayed 1/20 and it’s now 1/27.
I'm sure you meant cat, right? :wink: Don't worry, this happens to all of us. Glad you joined the site and please keep us updated on her progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nyxbb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! I think that looks pretty good actually. If it is oozing at all, send a pic to the vet and ask them about it. Oozing clear fluid can be the result of the healing process, any other color would possibly be indicative of an infection. I don't see any out of the ordinary swelling, which is also a good sign.
thank you so much for your advise ! <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nyxbb

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I also agree that her incision looks like it's healing nicely. Here is an Article about what to expect after surgery and you can scroll down to "Is the Spay Incision Infected."
Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery - TheCatSite

I'm sure you meant cat, right? :wink: Don't worry, this happens to all of us. Glad you joined the site and please keep us updated on her progress.
haha I didn’t even notice I miswrote cat ! thank you so much !