Question if the Day, Sunday December 29th

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy Sunday, everyone! :wavey:

Are you making any New Year's resolutions?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Cliche as can be, but to get back into exercise. I've completely fallen off the wagon due to injuries, etc.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't actually thought about it yet. I really should make an effort to drink less coffee.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't usually make resolutions like that, but I seriously need to get my affairs in order as they say.  Our friend passing suddenly (the one from whom we took the four orphaned kitties) with her estate in serious disarray, was a big wake up call for me.  We have wills but they are really outdated.  It's my New Year's resolution to get our estate planning and paperwork up to date and organized.  

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't thought of one yet, though lately they are usually pretty simple (Like last years, my goal was just to be happy!)

Granted, My friends and I always had this one rule when it came to making resolutions - once you make one, you were given a deadline to complete it, usually two or three weeks. For example, awhile ago a friend really liked this guy, and her resolution was to ask him out. So, she had three weeks to do it before the deadline. If she doesn't achieve it once the deadline ends, then it is all expires and she can't ask him out anymore and has to let it go. Same with the rest of us, with resolutions from visiting a place for the first time, doing things like a new hobby, trying a new dish or drink, trying a new excercise and so forth.

It might seem strange to some, maybe even forceful sounding, but since so many people tend to completely forget about their resolutions after a month, it was a way to keep it fresh in our mind and to push and go for it, versus dragging it on or however. It is also a lot of fun, and there was a lot of support and encouragement there.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

It might seem strange to some, maybe even forceful sounding, but since so many people tend to completely forget about their resolutions after a month, it was a way to keep it fresh in our mind and to push and go for it, versus dragging it on or however. It is also a lot of fun, and there was a lot of support and encouragement there.
That's actually a good idea.  I should set a deadline for getting my estate planning done, or at least in the hands of an attorney to finish it up, by such and such a date.....but I'm going to think about it--and I'm not going post it here yet or you guys will be bugging me about whether I've done it!)  LOL  

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually make resolutions like that, but I seriously need to get my affairs in order as they say.  Our friend passing suddenly (the one from whom we took the four orphaned kitties) with her estate in serious disarray, was a big wake up call for me.  We have wills but they are really outdated.  It's my New Year's resolution to get our estate planning and paperwork up to date and organized.  
I really need to do the same.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

We just redid our wills back in December....so that we could give our cats to my sister, along with the money we have set aside for their care. It's such a big relief when it's signed and you know that things are OK. Good luck to you. (My brother had agreed to take our furkids should anything happen to us, but he told us they couldn't do so. I talked to my sister and we both agreed to take on each other's cats if it becomes necessary. But it needed to be in our wills, so that the money could go to them. We also made my sister co-executrix of our wills, with our son, again because of the cats.)

I didn't really make any resolutions for 2014. I would like to be healthier with less aches and pains (especially in my legs), but I'm not really sure how to ease those knees, other than what I'm already doing (exercise, icing, pain relief ointment, etc). I'm hoping that cross-training--elliptical and walking--will help. My biggest fear is that, eventually, I'll have to stop walking and I don't know how I would deal with it.