Question for those with many cats

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 7 cats and we have 4 LB's. One is an oversized rubbermaid pan. I tried to downsize that one to a regular pan but it filled too quickly even when I was scooping twice a day. We recently bought a rubbermaid ornament container and converted that to a LB. Benson has a issue when he urinates, he shoots over the pan. This box isn't as wide to keep the heavy cats from using it.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 5 cats. We recently down-sized from 4 LBs to 3. (2 18gallon Sterilite totes, and one regular cat pan in a "kitty washroom" cabinet.) I would've liked to stay at 4, but DH had objections to the location of the fourth box. The kitties seem to be doing okay with the 3 boxes. I scoop every day, and they've all been using their boxes faithfully.
I told DH, though, that if we have any problems, that fourth box is going back and he'll just have to get used to it!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 4 trays for 3 cats until this morning, I am going to see if I can get away with 3 trays (they all use a different tray, occasionally Rolo will use Zi's tray, but not often, so no issues there). I normally run at one tray per cat, rahter than one plus one.