Question for the ladies

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol! When I was five months pregnant with my first child, I started wearing maternity clothes and attended a block party in the neighborhood with hubby. Some young hottie (jk, but he looked like a teenager!) asked me to dance, despite the fact that I was wearing a maternity top, married, and pregnant.

I guess even if you wear maternity clothes, you can be mistaken for a single, non-pregnant woman!

That was many moons ago!

During those days, lots of young, pregnant woman would wear maternity clothes sooner, rather than later. This was the time of the second baby boom.

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

With my first one, I got the little bump around 3 months but really couldn't tell that I was pregnant until I was 6 months.

With this one, at 9 weeks, I was the size I was at 4 months with the first. Right now, I'm 17 weeks. I've lost 8 lbs total this time so far - my stomach is growing but I'm dropping the weight in my butt thank god!

The first time I only gained 21 lbs.

Everyone is differnt and my 2 pregnancies are worlds apart!

Good luck......and keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
Originally Posted by catherine

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

With my first one, I got the little bump around 3 months but really couldn't tell that I was pregnant until I was 6 months.

With this one, at 9 weeks, I was the size I was at 4 months with the first. Right now, I'm 17 weeks. I've lost 8 lbs total this time so far - my stomach is growing but I'm dropping the weight in my butt thank god!

The first time I only gained 21 lbs.

Everyone is differnt and my 2 pregnancies are worlds apart!

Good luck......and keep us posted!
Congratulations to you also

I know I'm gonna gain weight all over. I just have a feeling I will.

Thanks for all the advice and info everyone. It is very helpful. Especially the rubberband trick, my Mom told me about that one also.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by goosehazel

I was just wondering...for those of you with children - do you remember how far along you were when you started "showing"? I'm just over 7 weeks and I can't tell, but I think I may be starting to show slightly. Either that or I'm getting fat
Dear Laura,
i couldn´t resist to watch this post...
I didn´t see it because you put "only for Ladies",
of course not advice for you from me for obviously reasons but...

A BIG Congratulations!!!!
I ´ll pray for you for have a best pregnancy to you!!!

congrats to your hubby too!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started showing at about 5 months. I was 5'2", 98 lbs., and gained 50+ lbs. both times. By 7 mos., I looked like a tomato with toothpick legs! And I never let anyone tease me about being fat, I'd just remind them that I wasn't fat, but pregnant! As for all that baby-weight gain, breastfeeding melted it off pretty fast. When my 2nd daughter was born, I wore size 11 but before she was 1 year old, was back down to a 1 (of course, my oldest was a 3yo tomboy that kept me scrambling - literally, as we live in the mountains). I'm so excited for you. What a wonderful experience it is - we get to be just like our mama-kitties!

moxymom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With my first, I showed at about 4 months...and I mean SHOWED LOL but with him, I measured full term...at 6 mos.....but at about 6 weeks, I noticed my pants were uncomfortable, nothing really seemed to fit right. With my second, it was pretty much the same thing except I made it to 6 and a half months before measuring full term LOL