Question For Litter Robot Iii Users

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of liner do you use for the poo tray?? I know the manufacturer sells their own but I'm positive there's a much cheaper solution on amazon or costco. I'm planning on getting one of these for my cats since I'm tired of the weekly clean up with my scoop free automatic litter box.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought that litter robot units didn't have custom tray liners, which s kind of their appeal, a sort oc cry once, buy once, deal, as opposed to a "razor and blades" model like the litter breeze uses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought that litter robot units didn't have custom tray liners, which s kind of their appeal, a sort oc cry once, buy once, deal, as opposed to a "razor and blades" model like the litter breeze uses.
They do need it to catch the poo after the robot rotates and does its thing! It has to go somewhere.

Edit: They sell their own liners but you can use grocery bags or any other bags. I dont want to use grocery bags since theyre not sealed. I dont need litterbox crumbs falling out of it. Yuck.

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just use regular old kitchen trash bags, I think the 11 gallon size? It's bigger than it needs to be in depth, sure, but works just fine.

Just a caveat that I am using the Litter Robot II. I do have a Litter Robot III, but I haven't set it up yet. If I turn out to have to use something different, I'll follow up.

catlitterguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also use kitchen trash bags, specifically glad odorshield, since that is what I already have around the house. Works fine and I don't feel that is is inferior to the manufacturer's waste bag.