Question for Feline Pine users

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liberty's Buddy

Feline Pine makes a litterbox that would make that job easier. This is the link to it http://www.felinepinelitterbox.com/ . I use it and it works pretty good. However, Liberty doesn't mind the sawdust. I use it because Liberty likes there to be a lot of Feline Pine in the box when I change it
. -kd
That's a great idea! What a perfect litterbox for Feline Pine! GOOD FIND!!

Is that something you can just pick up at somewhere like Petsmart, or do you have to order it online?

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by frawri

I tried this stuff out with my guys; the one didn't mind it too much. But my other guy. He wouldn't have anything to do with it. Even started to use my couch as his peeing ground. I am now going to try that Swheat Scoop, that way I can scoop it out and flush it right away. I like the idea of getting rid of the cat smell.

Francine
If you don't like the cat smell, I wouldn't recommend using Swheat Scoop. I've never tried it because I know someone who uses it, and it just smells horrible!! She has it in a litterbox that's in the bathroom that guests use, and it's RIGHT next to the toilet (so close that your leg touches it). I have to literally hold my breath when using her bathroom because the smell is so bad! And it's the only bathroom on the first floor of her home!
I honestly don't know why she uses that litter...her house reaks of cat urine because she has two catboxes on the bottom floor, and uses SS for both boxes. It's BAD.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*crackin up here* chicken feed huh? My big question is *how does it smell* remember i have bloodhound nose. And what about dust. Feline pine you virtually have no dust at all.

leilaluv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feline Pine- How is the tracking?? be HONEST lol I have LOTS of tracking all over the pl;ace its horrible, I hate my litter but its the only one that Ive found that is flushable,no dust and my cats like it. "Fresh Results" is what its called. Im trying to toilet train but with this tracking business its IMPOSSIBLE im stepping in litter 24-7.

Chicken Feed- Again, tracking how is it???
where can I get it? Is it flushable?

I like what I hear because my cats pee ALOT and the smell can be terrible.

Thanks so much for the info!

cookandcompany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have no tracking, no dust & you can't smell a thing. And it clumps so hard that it is soo easy to scoop. I got mine at TSC (Tractor supply Center) But I think all feed stores carry it. Ask for the finely milled egg crumbles, Or the tiny chick starter. I have the bigger pellets of it & it works well too but not so easy to scoop. lol I hope this helps you out! Dawnde

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know some things like corn has pesticides put on them. So I would think chicken feed might have something like that on it to. How can we know it is safe? I would like to try this stuff out. But I wont if I can’t make certain it is a safe product.

frawri

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maherwoman

If you don't like the cat smell, I wouldn't recommend using Swheat Scoop. I've never tried it because I know someone who uses it, and it just smells horrible!! She has it in a litterbox that's in the bathroom that guests use, and it's RIGHT next to the toilet (so close that your leg touches it). I have to literally hold my breath when using her bathroom because the smell is so bad! And it's the only bathroom on the first floor of her home!
I honestly don't know why she uses that litter...her house reaks of cat urine because she has two catboxes on the bottom floor, and uses SS for both boxes. It's BAD.
Thanks I found this out pretty fast. LOL At first it was great, didn't smell at all. But that only lasted a day. And like some one else said on here, the pee marks are really big. With this Chicken feed, I don't know how it is going to smell after use. It has nothing in it I would assume to stop it from smelling bad. I also got a litter maid so it will be cleaned up every time they go potty. But I wonder if the Chicken feed will be ok to use in it?

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Feline Pine is expensive. I use stove pellets - got mine for 30 lb bag
for 2.50 (unused left overs from winter.) Lasts a week and gives 3 changes or a little more for the 30lbs bag. I don't think its as good w/ smell, so
Iput a little feline pine on top, works just fine!! Way to go IMHO (course I buy 1.5 tons of the stuff each winter, LOL. What's a few more bags?)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are stove pellets?

Also I found that PetSmart sells Feline Pine for like 6.99 on sale with the card, so it isn't always expensive. That is for the big bag too.

lucinda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Stove pellets are great as long as you make sure that you do not get the treated ones. Prob. have to just read the bag as I can not find any reference to which ones are treated. I have only found reference to the face that they are becoming scarce due to more people using them and more things being made of the leftovers that they make the pellets from :-(
I have used Feline Pine and love it! one big bag does last as long as 60 pounds of regular litter. I always sift it twice as many of the whole pellets will sift out with the other stuff.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by frawri

Thanks I found this out pretty fast. LOL At first it was great, didn't smell at all. But that only lasted a day. And like some one else said on here, the pee marks are really big. With this Chicken feed, I don't know how it is going to smell after use. It has nothing in it I would assume to stop it from smelling bad. I also got a litter maid so it will be cleaned up every time they go potty. But I wonder if the Chicken feed will be ok to use in it?
It is easy to find the all natural feed ... it isnt organic but it is grown without chemicals and pestisides ...

I wouldnt use chn feed in auto litter pans...

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

It is easy to find the all natural feed ... it isnt organic but it is grown without chemicals and pestisides ...

I wouldnt use chn feed in auto litter pans...
Thank you I am still looking for the feed here