Question about the Royal wedding this past Saturday for all you Englanders......

oz'smum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter gets married in June, I never wear a hat, never have, but it's expected that I'll be wearing one on the day. I'll feel so daft, but then, if I didn't wear one I'd feel I'd let her down, as everything is being done just right.

Their photographer puts the photos on a web site, and gives the guests the address to see them, so look out at the end of June for me putting on a link, so you can all have a good laugh at me.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weddings are fun because you get to wear clothes and hats that you would never otherwise try on. And I think everyone can find a hat to suit them somewhere!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually liked Sophie's hat.

I love hats but can never find one to fit. I have a small head and all the hats I try on fall down to the bottom of my ears.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love hats. In fact I love all the accessories. And I used to love coordinating them all.

I don't wear hats anymore because I don't have much occasion for that kind of dressing up, and on the whole I'm a pretty casual dresser now.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!!! But I know what Susan means about head sizes- I also have a problem, even my riding helmet is three sized smaller than my daughter's! But I put a grosgrain ribbon inside the smallest hat I can find, and the rough surface of the ribbon holds it in place. Ususally, anyway.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

we arent officially engaged yet, but we have been talking about it the past two nights, and we are planning to get married after we both finish our school so in about 2 years

So what i have decided to do is to put all of my british friends on ryan air to come to my wedding

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love hats. When I lived in Tombstone, I made most of my own hats and costumes, as well as other people's. I still have a few of my vintage hats, too. Part of the fun, in impersonating Mae West, was the wonderful hats.

On the day after Easter, I wore a new spring outfit AND hat to work. The hat had to come off (violates the dress code) but, I felt quite elegant and stood out from the jeans-and-t-shirt crowd.