question about stress meds

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for offering that help, but I tried once befor with a vet that tried to help Lucas from the US, nothing seems to help when stress is the main problem .  The other reason is that I know it will be expensive and I can't afford it right now.  I can afford the vet here, but not expensive treatment like that.

Thanks so much for trying to help.

Tammy

whollycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I totally understand, Tammy. You might consider purchasing her book--she has separate sections about supplements, herbs, etc. for FeLV, FIV...and FIP (Appendix B, Infectious Diseases: pages 175-177), since you seem more holistically inclined. On Amazon it is under $6.50--a steal for all the information it provides.
Or...use Amazon's 'look inside this book' feature and in the TOC click on Appendix B; you'll see all the information there.

to you and Lucas. My heart just goes out to you both!

Last edited:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all.  i will consider buying that book, it look so interesting, thank you!   I bought the escue remedy for Lucas.  I put it in his water, but i think it will be more effective to just give him the drops in his mouth.  i can't give it to him in a trwat because i don't give him treats.  i could put it in his food though, but he doesn't eat everyting  at once and i could lose the dose. 

sugarcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought the escue remedy for Lucas.  I put it in his water, but i think it will be more effective to just give him the drops in his mouth.  
Rescue Remedy doesn't necessarily need to be taken orally. It works on an energy level and that energy can be transferred just by massaging it into Lucas' ears or the top of his head or between his toes, or even spritzing his environment with it. Whatever is easiest for the both of you.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all.  i will consider buying that book, it look so interesting, thank you!   I bought the escue remedy for Lucas.  I put it in his water, but i think it will be more effective to just give him the drops in his mouth.  i can't give it to him in a trwat because i don't give him treats.  i could put it in his food though, but he doesn't eat everyting  at once and i could lose the dose. 
Hi Tammy, it is 4 drops per meal.... you can mix those 4 drops in a tiny bit of food first, let him eat, them feed him the rest of the meal. Alternatively, you can put the drops in freeze dry treats, it absorbs well :wavey:

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!  I've been giving Lucas the drops orally before meals, I just don't want him to  miss the dose.  He doesn't seem to mind, I guess it doesn't have a strong flavor.  I hope this helps.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have asked you this before, but don't remember you ever commenting. Hasn't any vet suggested Atopica (cyclosporine) for Lucas?

http://www.us.atopica.com/

It's not cheap, but if you don't want to try the prozac, perhaps you'd do better trying Atopica first. There are other anit-anxiety meds besides prozac, by the way. Amitriptyline and chlomicalm, for example.

But I do urge you to see if you can get him on Cyclosporine.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Yes, I've comented about it .  Yes, Lucas was on Atopica, but it didn't really help him and it caused him to vomit  everyday, he was miserable.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Well, once you've tried everything else, it may be you will have to try one of the anti anxiety meds. I know how much you love him. Sometimes we have to go against our own feelings, for their sakes.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh don't worry about it and I thank you for telling me about it, it is important for me to try everything with Lucas.  I haven't taken him to the vet yet because he is stable, he is not doing terrible, but he is not good, I'm just trying the rescue remedy and trying to keep him as stress free as possible, in fact, I separated him from Nena, they don;t get along and it adds to his stress.  I will keep updating, but I already know I will have to take him to the vet soon.