Question about Russian Blues

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bred the RB's, so I did pedigree research and history. I don't remember any black Russians - do you have a website about it or pictures?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love my russian blue. he is my beautiful baby and his coat is so soft and thick. it's amazing. i've always wanted one and i GOT him!!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I bred the RB's, so I did pedigree research and history. I don't remember any black Russians - do you have a website about it or pictures?
The Kazakian(? - some ex Sovjet republic) marks arent no good proof.
But the Stoeckelberg photo-text is interesting; she doesnt writes black russian or even black russian blue, she does writes russian blue.
Sorry, this is in a book, nothing more is about the cat.

But I shall try to contact her and ask!

forest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did a TON of research on the russian blues - making me finally get my Forest. I did find a few breeders here in the USA that had the other colors. But I wanted the blue because of it's temperment and it's coat which is by the way soo soft. And for some reason Forest doesn't shed like some cats, which is great for me
If you are thinking about a blue - they are the best!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm you are right - I had my RB back in early 80's and I do remember they shed very little
Who is your RB out of? I know many of the catteries - mine were out of mainly the Tsar Blu lines

forest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Forest is from the Mountcascade cattery. He (John) used him a in a few shows but then decides he didn't want 3 male show cats, so he sold him to me when Forest was 5 months. He is the best cat ever, he is so sweet.
The only thing is - in my research blues are not supposed to be very vocal but Forest is so vocal - meowing all the time. He talks to us all the time. Was yours?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forest

The only thing is - in my research blues are not supposed to be very vocal but Forest is so vocal - meowing all the time. He talks to us all the time. Was yours?
Yes, they may be rather vocal, contrary to what is written in some books. Especielly if they are uncut. But also the neutered ones can talk. Not very loud, but loud enough

as examples ours Muskis and Vagis.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neutered male was fairly talkative, but not my female. I only had one litter - no one was really interested at the time to buy kittens and I only bred when I had a waiting list. AFTER I had her spayed and had her son out in the alter classes in the shows THEN people wanted kittens.....go figure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The list of cats I want is almost as long as the CFA breed list
but Russian Blue is definitely in the top three!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stoli is very vocal....... way more than i ever thought he would be.