Question about pregnancy tests (men, enter at your own risk)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!
I'm still in shock, and DH has been calling me "mama" all day. I'm still not sure how I feel about it but I'm not going to start panicking until I hear it from a doctor. I'll let you know how it turns out. I doubt I will get the results until Tuesday.

I did email a girl at work and she said her aunt got false positives because of menopause. She was in her early 40's so it could just be that. I honestly don't feel any different (I always heard you feel "different"), other than being hungry constantly. And, I've gone through 2 bags of chips and a tub of dip in 3 days...and I'm not a big fan of junk food.

Oh well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Even though you still seem to be in denial, it sounds like you are preggos! Keep us updated on what your doctor says.

luvmy10

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww! My aunt had a baby at 45, unplanned as well. It took her up until the time she hatched for it to sink in that she was having a baby.. When you don't want them it takes soo long for it to sink in.

She loves that kid but I am sure there is a part of her that isn't very happy about it, esp if it wasn't planned.

I'm 19 and almost ALL of my friends had an unplanned pregnancy in the last 2 years.. It's sad to me because I myself do not want kids either (right now) and these BABIES are having babies and are on their own. Atleast you have a husband who loves you and you BOTH can love this chap!

Money is NOT everything. I live in a little shack with my mom dad brother and my grandma. We are one big happy family =) Embrace it, don't push it away!

Best of luck dear
Love!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luvmy10

I'm 19 and almost ALL of my friends had an unplanned pregnancy in the last 2 years.. It's sad to me because I myself do not want kids either (right now) and these BABIES are having babies and are on their own. Atleast you have a husband who loves you and you BOTH can love this chap!

Money is NOT everything. I live in a little shack with my mom dad brother and my grandma. We are one big happy family =) Embrace it, don't push it away!

Best of luck dear
Love!
That is so sad because I'd be willing to bet they most were "planned" to a degree. In this day of the "pill", IUDs, condoms and creams there is really no excuse to have an unplanned pregnancy UNLESS like our OP you've been married for years and never conceived and a surprise happens.

That's how I got here. My parents had been married 5 years and my mother was 43 when she discovered herself pregnant the one and only time. My father had mumps as a teen and was told he was sterile. I am an only child.

Now my son and DIL are expecting triplets! They have been married 5 years, and yes Clomid was involved.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who does not have kids, and I think DH and I are not going to have kids, I can see why you would be in total shock. I do hope that if you are pregnant and if you and your DH choose to keep the baby, that you are utterly happy! There are other options though if you feel you CAN'T do it, like adoption, either with family members or through an agency. So, whatever happens don't feel like it is the end for you at all, cuz there is help out there. I think with as good as you are with the fuzzy's that you will be just fine with a child, but I do know EXACTLY what you mean about kids in small doses. I LOVE children, and I LOVE giving them back!
But, whatever you and your DH choose to do or how it turns out, you will be fine and there are a lot of us who are thinking about you!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't keep us in suspense any longer! Have you called your doctor? Have you had a blood test? Is it definite?

Hurry up and spill sister!