Question about post op spay

Jb1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, new to this site but I've got a bit of a concern with one of my cats. I just got her spayed and she recently developed this kind of white-ish hard stuff on her incision. Ive attached a pic of this. I wanted to know if I should be concerned about this or is this just a part of the healing process. She's been eating just fine and has been in high spirits since the second day of the procedure. I havent really noticed her being overly lethargic, as a matter of fact I have to keep an eye on her so that she doesn't play too much. She's also been on antibiotics since the procedure. I would appreciate any insight on this, thank you.
20210130_235329.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long ago was it done?

Is it hard or gooey? I know you said it's hard but is it really hard or like a crust on top of goo? If hard all the way through, it could be surgical glue. But it really looks like pus which indicates an infection, even though the antibiotics should prevent that. It also looks too open. I really don't like the looks of it. Can you send a picture to the vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jb1992

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long ago was it done?

Is it hard or gooey? I know you said it's hard but is it really hard or like a crust on top of goo? If hard all the way through, it could be surgical glue. But it really looks like pus which indicates an infection, even though the antibiotics should prevent that. It also looks too open. I really don't like the looks of it. Can you send a picture to the vet?
This was done on Monday. Thats what I was afraid of. Ill be calling my vet tomorrow to being her in, thank you

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s great that you are paying such close attention to her. I’m glad you noticed. Cats can open things up by licking , playing and can also react the stitches. If she is extremely active you may need to keep her in a large carrier , crate or even clear out a small bathroom for her to give her quiet time. Please do let us know how she is doing after her vet check.