Question about possible UTI

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

One..it is totally unacceptable to discharge an animal drenched in urine...but this may be an issue with the staff responsible for care/preparing the animal for discharge versus the vet. I would tell the vet as this certainly reflects badly on them.
I agree, but would like to add that some cats become so stressed by being handled by strangers that the staff or vet may decide it's wiser to have the owner clean up the pet.

Tanya, I hope the Clavamox does the trick, and that Dori does well on a special diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I agree, but would like to add that some cats become so stressed by being handled by strangers that the staff or vet may decide it's wiser to have the owner clean up the pet.

After I calmed down last night, I gave this some thought and agree as well.
I just feel that I should have at least been warned about it... It would have been nice if they could have told me, and then suggested a foam or spray cleaner that didn't have to be washed off. They have a whole display of shampoos, etc. Having to bath her when I came in the door made it much more stressful for her. I wasn't prepared for that.
If they had said something, I would have understood completely. The vet told me Dori gave them a very hard time. She was quite agressive and they had a hard time giving her the subq fluids.
When I picked her up at home, she cuddled right up with me... Of course, then I needed a bath

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link to the specific food she is on. Believe it or not, I realized this is the one I'd heard of that I want to try with Tyler. He's longing for crunchies I can tell (I've had him on a wet food diet only since his surgery to remove calcium oxalate stones).

I think it looks appropriate, and sure hope she feels better soon

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Tanya, don't beat yourself about second guessing yourself!
Our babies are so tricky at times. They are so good at not letting us know they might be in pain. Some times the signs are so small we miss it or don't know it's even a sign.

I've gone through three vets in the last six months. It's been so frustrating finding someone who will actually listen to me. I sometimes feel they take the easiest route, to get you in and out. I feel I might have struck gold with my third so I'm in the process of moving everyone as the come due for their yearly visit. So if you have a problem, I must have the same problem. Hang in there!
to all of the above! i'm on my 3rd vet in the last 2 years. however, the last one i left only because she's not open on saturdays, so that's an accomodation thing. & i think Pixel was peeing on other stuff besides me & i just didn't notice - i keep finding things that are stinky in corners, etc. [i'm not much of a housekeeper, in case you can't tell
] really, i found a basket of clothes that i've undergrown, but they were all stinky, so i just threw them out. the basket was in a corner of the living room... who knows when they got peed on!