Question about PDAs/Pocket PCs

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CDMA is faster than gsm, that's all I said. the whole technology difference makes it superior. It spreads the signal out over the whole channel after it's digitized and allows multiple calls to be placed on top of each other. it uses sequence codes to keep each call 'distinct'

It's also got the capability to use analog or digital which GSM does not.

Eroupe is ALL GSM. CDMA is in the US North and South Korea.

CDMA is also more efficient, better at re-using frequencies, improves battery life, reduces dropped calls and more.

As for Atlanta? I didn't say anything about that. there are dead spots in every city in every carrier. there's a huge difference in Europe vs the US and it's called (what I mentined previously) geography. Total the square mileage of Europe then do the US

I said nebrasks is rural and most of it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

did you think i was kidding when i said "The US lags far behind in that tech. " lol.

its really simple, the north america;s cell phone tech lags so far behind, due to to cost of upgrading all the towers. US went to cdma. a little later gsm came along. GSM was better, but the US systemn already had all those cdma systems in place.

also it took forever before SMS messaging seemed to catch on here.

heck indo has a more up to date cell phone system then most of the US. I been telling people since moved back to the US that are cell phones.

by the way, sprint in my area is the worse, drops calls all the time,
Verzion is ok ,but most of there stuff in this area is still CDMA, so alot of stuff does not work that well. Been using T-moblie, there calling area here is small, but i dont get dropped calls (at least when i can find my phone)
I heeded your advice - I left my German PDA at home, and got a cheap prepaid smartphone for use in the U.S.. I initially figured that the cheap phone/service charges were the problem, but I was really appalled when I used family members' smart phones for comparison, particularly after I found out how much they were paying per month!

I've got two prepaid cell phones, and two smart phones (one prepaid) now, and my charges for roughly six months equal what my U.S. relatives pay every month! I assume that population density plays a big role, but ... my impression is that Asia and Europe are way ahead as far as technology is concerned.