Question about newborn kittens

montoyaclan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat gave birth to her kittens 1 week ago. We had her all along in a comfy cardboard box in our room which she seemed content in. My wife rearranged the room and we think our cat spooked. She was fine until this morning when she started grabbing her kittens and took them one by one to the garage and under a workbench. There are boxes stacked in front of the workbench (from our move last year) so I am not sure if I just should leave her alone or shuld I go in and remove the kittens (since where they are I cannot check on them although they all appear to be doing very well health wise) and place them back in their box but maybe in a quieter location? The odd thing was last night she seemed to be just doing fine and then when I awoke this morning she was spooked for some reason.

Any advice appreciated!

Thank you

Gary

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a bathroom or maybe a closet she could go in? I wouldn't let them stay in the garage.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My foster cat moved her kittens several times, but since she was shut in one room, she just moved them to a different area.

I would not be comfortable with them in the garage. I suggest moving them back into the box, and close up the house so she can't get to the garage. Shut off any extra rooms that wouldn't be appropriate for her to have the nest. And provide several boxes/baskets for her to choose from. Maybe an open closet door will feel like a safer area for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

montoyaclan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We managed to extract them all and now they are seemingly content in one of my empty dresser drawers. Wish I could upload some pictures as we have taken quite a few

Thanks for your help.

Gary

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by montoyaclan

We managed to extract them all and now they are seemingly content in one of my empty dresser drawers. Wish I could upload some pictures as we have taken quite a few

Thanks for your help.

Gary
I would suggest confining both momma and kitties in a room for a while. That gives momma cat comfort, security, and doesn't give her the chance to take them out to a more hazardous area.