Question about my new kitten's health

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think you can imagine how glad I am to hear this. I read that the mortality rate was around 95% if treatment was obtained immediately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sjchaput

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I don't think you can imagine how glad I am to hear this. I read that the mortality rate was around 95% if treatment was obtained immediately.
I've read the same things, so I expected the worst.

But she is home now sleeping, nestled right next to my wife.

It is great to get her home... Besides being messy from not grooming herself and a hoarse meow... She is her normal self... Or she is trying to be.

She wants to run around and play and EAT and PLAY... and eat more.

She is so great!

I'm so HAPPY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sjchaput

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since she got home she still loafs around a lot... I wouldn't call it lethargy, just sleepiness. Before we brought he in you could tell there was something wrong, like she couldn't move and didn't have the will to, now she is moving a lot... She'll go get some water and purr when you pet her, but she is sleeping a lot.

She follows me to the kitchen and meows for her food and chows down on it... She walks around a bit, but then settles in, stretches out then falls asleep.

I don't think this is anything to worry about... do you?

She also isn't cleaning herself. I think she is trying to, but maybe she is still too weak or her muscles are too weak to bend that way.

Her fur is matted and she has food all over her face (I use baby wipes to clean her)

I think this is to be expected after a disease of this seriousness... But I am naturally a hypochondriac.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With any questions, especially given what she just went through, call your vet. Better safe than sorry.