Question about my cat

catalinayoung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have the same situation. My outside cat had 4 kittens 3 were dark grey and one like this. One of the grey kittens i am taking care of she was the runt, but so sweet and im in love.

That is him (Imperial) cuddling with the runt (Butters). I have been wanting to know how i could get a kitten like this with the litter being all grey!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is him (Imperial) cuddling with the runt (Butters). I have been wanting to know how i could get a kitten like this with the litter being all grey!
I wonder this too.  Him being a point is no big problem - its enough both his parents are carriers of the point gene.  And 1 of 4 kittens is born a point, two of the greys are carriers. Exactly this happens now and the among the Russian Blue for examle.

But.  Imperial does also carry white.  White spot gene is a dominant gene, so one of his parents has surely white.   But TWO of the kittens should have white, not just Imperial, but also another one.

The statistics arent ironclad, so its fully possible. But still a question.

Imperial - if he is shorthair, you will prob want to compare him with a Snowshoe.

If he is mediumhair, you will probl want to compare him with Ragdoll bi-color...