Question about Juicy's weight problem!

christine chand

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I do like Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care line, I also like (but have not yet tried) the new Innova Evo, but most of all, I think that Authority is a solid brand, and if Juicy is doing well on it, why rock the boat with a brand change at the moment? Over the course of his lifetime, you may want to consider when possible, switching to more of a canned food diet (or a home cooked - recipe to be one approved by your vet as complete and well balanced), but for many, a quality dry food is what's going to be on the menu
I've wanted to use the Authority Lite in place of Hills WD for weight lost. Since this is a Petsmart "house" brand, I'm leary of using it. It did, however, go thru AFFCO feeding trials. But I'm just not sure of the consistency of the ingredients from batch to batch.

Pat - is it critical to feed a food that went thru feeding trials or one that is f"ormulated to meet AFFCO regulations"?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most canned foods are not feed in feeding trials so finding one that did will be hard... I have bought both formulated and trial tested drys and not much difference if you read carefully

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Most canned foods are not feed in feeding trials so finding one that did will be hard... I have bought both formulated and trial tested drys and not much difference if you read carefully
Sorry, I don't understand
This statement below (from a Fancy Feast can I have on hand) is the one I am referring to, and is on every canned cat food I have ever reviewed or purchased:
"Animal Feeding Tests using AAFCO procedures substantitate that (Fancy Feast) XY flavor. provides complete and balanced nutrition for the growth and maintenance of cats."

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sorry my head is funny today... I have eagle pack and natural choice cans and both are fomulated..not feeding tested.. though the petgold is feeding tested.. .. so is the wellness the dog will get as a treat since you educated me about garlic and cats( thank you so much) .. feeding tested guess it is a toss up ...

kradextreme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Topanga has a bit of a weight problem, too. I feed her Nutro Nautral Choice complete. She never even finishes her food, and she does play and run around sometimes, but she still is a huge fatty. Should I mix her food with the diet version of the food? She doesn't eat wet food and I hardly ever give her treats. I've read some suggestions from you guys (which are great), but if you have any more, let me know. Maybe there's a certain amount that I should give her. She's a bit over a year old.

-Jon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jon is she eating adult food, or kitten food (Nutro Natural)?

How much does she weigh?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ask your vet sometimes we think they are fat and they arent and vice vs..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds little to me! 8 pounds seems rather healthy for being over a year old.