Question about good alternatives

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The best way to give l-lysine is to order a 1 pound jar of pure powder from Amazon. It is the NOW brand. It is $16, and contains 822 doses.  A quarter-teaspoon gives 500mg of L-lysine and is tasteless, odorless and can be sprinkled on top of their wet food. Give half the dose every 12 hours. They metabolize it in that time.

I don't know about the S.Boulardii, I have never had to use it.

buckwheat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for Lucy your kitten. I had no idea is was having a prob with her health. What about Alvera juice is kills all kinds of stuff. I don't know if its good for cat/kittens. Maybe a utube video about the virsus may help. I've watch so many utube video for or buckwheat behavior many have help. Tonite for the first time he play with his toy string while I was holding it, but when he looked up and saw it was me he ran away, but soon came back for more fun. He layed dwn near my bed on his back rolling around afew movements and then ran off. He maybe spiritually getting my vibes that something has to be done about seeing a vet, and getting well kitty check up, lol:) this the first time he's ever interacted with me since I got him. His food bowl is empty and maybe he thinks if he doesn't play with me I won't feed him. He got to know I'm feeding him, and cleaning his liter box. I think I will feed him in the morning and not leave food out for him to nibble on. Maybe he will ask to eat, that way I may have more control of his shyness. I am so happy I don't even want to go to sleep, I just want to watch my play. He's a beautiful cat. Horray for Buckwheat's first nite of real relaxation. I pray he keep it up:)

buckwheat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all of your advice the string worked tonite:) now getting him to the taxi so he can go to the vet. Do you have any ideas on that with a shy cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bh22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ordered the 1lb l-lysine. And I ordered a more "tasty" pro bio that is supposed to do the trick (reviews on amazon). I will be speaking with the vet today about the sickness above as well! Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bh22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am happy to give my ideas and YAY that he played with the string tonight. That is so awesome. Keep trying that and maybe he will completely change. I know my cats love the balls with bells in them. Cats also like vertical space, so if you give him a place to get up high he may be more happy. I think that it might just take time, and realize that it will happen on his terms. Maybe someone else in my thread will have some advice too!

buckwheat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you soooooo much, mwha! I have two post I got them at pet's mart. He does the scratching thing but never tries to go up, that I don't understand either.