Question about enzyme cleaners..

peeka73

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all,

I use a black light to locate the urine spots on the carpet and treat them with enzyme cleaners (Nature's Miracle and Petastic.) After multiple treatments, it seems that the area STILL glows. Does anyone also experience the same thing? And if so, were you able to find a way to correct it?

I'm assuming the glow is from either the urine that is STILL there, or perhaps from the product? I'm concerned because I want to ensure that the spots are truly clean so that the cats won't return to it down the road. So far, they've been using their boxes (and Cat Attract RULES!)

Help?

- Grace

tkaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My spots are all still there and I use something called "Urine-Off" They do seem to lighten up over time, and change color a little from strong pastel yellow to a molder more white or softer yellow.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I clean the spot until it goes away. I use a product called Nok-Out (http://www.nokout.com), though I think Urine Off is supposed to be good.
But if the urine is fresh, it usually only takes one treatment, sometimes two. Of course, I wait until it's dry to check.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peeka73

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Looks like more cleaning is in order.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awhile back when I had this problem I found a site on the net that said to first drench the spot with water and then blot it up (or suck it up if you have an extractor.) Then use the enzyme cleaner and leave it on - don't rinse or blot up the enzyme.