Question about Color

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello. I figure I could find this myself but I'm sure someone would know right away. I'm trying to figure out what are the colors of siamese called?

My daughter wants a siamese colored kitten and I don't know how to go about asking or looking or one. I hope that makes sense.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are many. Here are just a few.

The standard Siamese color is called seal-point. Brown, the color of a seal, get it?

A common color is lynx-point. This would be gray/brown tabby points. Here's one of our members holding a lynx-point named Jordan at our local shelter.

One of my favorites is flame-point. Here's Flambe, a flame-point we fostered for our shelter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay any other pics? lol I think it's just the seal point that she wants.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eden is a seal-point Siamese

She came through the shelter here where I volunteer (via TCS). We have also had a lot of "pointed" DSH kitties come through the shelter here. We have a DMH flame point kitty right now.

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eden is the kitty color that my daughter wants!

Or maybe a lighter brown like the chocolate point.

Yes we don't mind getting a DSH as thats what I figure we'll get.

Thanks for the link. That really helped me. It's seal point or chocolate point that she wants.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The four basic Siamese colors (CFA) are seal (black-dark brown points), blue (grey points), chocolate (milk chocolate points) or lilac (pale blue-pinkish points)

CFA classifys the tabby/lynx points, red/cream points and tortie points as "Colorpoint SH". The rest of the associations, these are all considered as Siamese.

When you have tabby or tortie points, you go by the basic colors; seal, blue, chocolate, lilac, red or cream. For example Seal Lynx point would be the dark point color with stripes. Tortie points would have seal tortie, chocolate tortie, etc.

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Howdy goldenkitty. How are you and your kitties?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are doing fine. Jack is now almost a Double Grand Champion in ACFA and he's working on his CFA Grand too. We did loose Charlie right after Thanksgiving to complications from a UTI. It was a very sudden thing.

fluffysimba

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry to read that you lost one of your babies. It SO sucks! I still miss my Tristan horribly and wonder if it Ever gets better b/c it's been two years and I still cry.

Congratulations to Jack !

scatt cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Siameses are a "color point" breed. Colors include lynx point, seal point, flame point, lilac point, chocolate point, blue point and cream point.