Question about Bengal coloring/breeding...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bengalbabe

Not true. Orange would just be another variation of a brown. However, there are certain strandards that must fit. The cat must have a black tail tip and paw pads. See my post above for an example and a better explaination.
you definition cleared it up for me... I had the morris look in my head

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengalbabe, I would like to see what your Ami and your Harley Red would produce. The rosetted, reddish orange, with the white bellies and glitter is my guess.

How exciting to have so many choices, and so many beautiful cats. I do not envy the noise of queens in heat, and the smell of toms, though! LOL!

Thanks everyone for the great info. For now, I'll just keep dreaming and looking at the bengals here at TCS!

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Bengalbabe, I would like to see what your Ami and your Harley Red would produce. The rosetted, reddish orange, with the white bellies and glitter is my guess.

How exciting to have so many choices, and so many beautiful cats. I do not envy the noise of queens in heat, and the smell of toms, though! LOL!

Thanks everyone for the great info. For now, I'll just keep dreaming and looking at the bengals here at TCS!
Not exactly. They would probably produce some of those but it would also depend on the recessives they carry. For instance, Harley and my charcoal girl just produced a litter with a marble snow, a melenistic, and a reddish brown spotted one like Harley (but with awesome rosetting already).
As you can see from that, you can get a huge variety even when you breed two bengals together. I can't imagine what would happen if you breed a bengal and a moggie. There are 96 genetic combinations you can get with bengals alone!