Question about abscess vs. tumor

fluffee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cancer is cancer, in a human or cat. And yes, it will smell. At the latest stages you smell decay. As for that vet, I would find me another one. Ours is wonderful, and even yells at the owners for not treating his patients better

We have cat fight problems here. We keep albon on hand as it works for us on them. Keeps the bites clean and keeps the pus balls(as I call them) from getting bad. The moment we notice one, they go on the albon.

I feel for you on the lost one. You did fine, and I lost one to cancer. It is hard, hugs for ya

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think this site might help you. Please, try to understand it wasn't your fault.

This part in particular is on the site below. I hope its able to bring you some peace.

Abscess wounds on the flanks or other areas where the skin is loose, may lead to what is called a Cellulitis condition. This means that the abscess, instead of localizing in one lump, spreads under the skin throughout the loose tissue areas.

This type of infection is difficult to treat and is often let pass unnoticed by the cat's owner because no definite lump forms as a warning. By the time it becomes evident that the cat is ill or does need veterinary attention, deep infection of a large area may have already set in. At this stage of a Cellulitis condition, the cat is often extremely toxic (suffering the effects of blood poisoning) and requires extensive medical treatment. If this infection is near the spinal column, it may even enter the spinal cord and lead to complex damage of the nervous system itself, or kill the cat outright.

http://www.geocities.com/pndtpa/glossary/abscess.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anyaisisbeatrix

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much. I appreciate all the kindness and help.

It has been 3 weeks since I lost my cat and I still cry at least once a day. I know it will get easier, and I have 3 other kitties, but she was my "first born" and I miss her.

Thanks to all of you.