Question About A Pregnant Kitty (Cat's thread)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She Was To The Vets Yesterday And He Said Everything Seems Fine And She Should Have Them Anyday....and We Dont Bother The Cat In Anyway....she Is The One Hurting Us...not Us Bothering Her.....so I Guess We Will Wait And See What Happens Through The Night If Nothing She Is Going To Go Back To The Vets In The Morning

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you give her a space of her own? A room or a large dog crate? It sounds to me like she's very stressed out, and she won't have those babies unless she feels safe.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She Has The Run Of The House I Was Just Visiting My Mom Today And Brought My Dog With Becu He Is Just 15 Wks And He Cries All Day If He Is Left Alone.....but Other Then That She Has A Run Of The House She Has A Nesting Box And She Has The Closet She Has Been Going Into To Go In

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will Her Attitude Change After She Has The Babies?.....i Hope So Becuz My Mom Dont Want To Get Rid Of Her But If She Keeps Doing That She Will Have To

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it depends. Sometimes they will calm down after the birth, but then sometimes, if they are very protective of their kittens, they will stay aggressive. I hope the best for you all!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cupcake1234516

I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE I CANT TAKE.....THIS CAT OF OURS BIT MY DOG AND WAS ATTACKING IT LIKE A RAG DOLL...AND WE TRIED TO GET HER OFF OF MY DOG AND SHE BIT MY MOM AND SHE HAS 10 HOLES IN HER ARM....I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH MORE WE CAN TAKE WITH THAT STUFF HAPPENING.....AND WHAT WOULD MAKE HER ATTACK HER OWNER....IM NOT UNDERSTANDING.....COULD SOMETHING BE WRONG IS THAT WHY SHE IS BEING SO MEAN.....WE DONT WANT TO GET RID OF HER WE HAVE HAD HER SINCE SHE WAS 5 WEEKS OLD SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.......AND TONIGHT SHE WAS IN MY MOMS CLOSET DIGGING....SO I HOPE SOMETHING HAPPENS...CAN ANYONE HELP WITH ADVICE?
It sounds to me that the cat was not intentionally attacking your mom, but bit her when your mom was pulling her off of the dog?

I think you should keep the dog from nearing the cat, as she is probably just protecting her babies (though they aren't yet born). Just give her space, so that she feels safe. If she's not used to the dog, that may be why she felt uncomfortable.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah The Dog Will Not Be Going There Ever Again....he Isnt Even Half Her Size.....and I Just Hope Kittens Come Sooon So She Can Be Fixed And The Kittens Can Be Fixed And We Can All Be Happy.....and Not Miserable

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No cat likes a strange dog in their space especially a pregnant cat. My cat even started hissing at my dogs who she knows very well in the last couple days.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure the Dog causes it. My Coco is a very nice Cat but when she had Kittens the Dog came to close and she warned her first. The dog didnt listen and she attacked her. The Dog was a German Shorthair Pointer we had Adopted from the Pound years before. Coco was very protective of her Kittens. The Dog should not be near your Cat.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That Is The First Time Cat Has Seen My Dog So That Is Probally Why.....she Was Probally Scared And Didnt Like Him Being In Her House.....so It Will Not Happen Again Ever....for The Cats Sake And The Dogs

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like Honey the mama cat here. She had a hard life, was beaten severly. The humane society got her when she was pregnant. She was incredibly protecting.

Give the kitty her space, she'll probably be over-protective until spayed.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
NO BABIES YET...BUT I THINK ANYTIME NOW.....SHE HAS BEEN HAVEING WHAT I THINK IS CONTRACTIONS...HER STOMACH WITH FEEL RIPPLED AND HARD AND SHE HAS LIKE A CLEAR LIQUID....NOT SLIMEY....AND HOW LONG AFTER THEY START HAVEING CONTRACTIONS SHOULD SHE START HAVEING BABIES....I HOPE SOON

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really hard to say!
Sometimes it could be a couple of hours and sometimes a few days! I wouldn't really call a contaction a ripple....it will look more like she's trying to poo....then she'll stop and look at her sides, and then she'll strain again. Usually, she will raise one of her legs and start cleaning herself very frantically. That may be a little graphic
but that's what they do!

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What Could The Rippleing Be....my Kali Did That Before She Had Babies....so I Thought She Was Haveing Contractions......and When Her Tummy Gets Hard And Feels Like That She Lays Her Head Down And Wont Pick It Up Until It Is Gone Nd Soft Again

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably the same thing!
I've just never heard it called ripple's!!
To me...ripples is what their stomach looks like when the babies move around. And in my opinion....contractions look nothing like that.