QOTD: Thurs. June 11

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh, headaches, I get them everyday & I just went to the doctor on Monday because advil/ibuprofen just doesn't cut it anymore (I've been taking it everyday for the past year or 2) anyways, he said they are tension headaches, not migraines since migraines affect 1 side of the brain - this pain varies from the back of my head to the front - anyways, he gave me a prescription "isometh-d-chloralphenz-apapitp" which treats tension headaches & thank god for this because it helps! It doesn't take it away 100% but pretty close & boy is that a relief!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I have suffered with headaches since I was a child, I can remember way back when playing with my cousin and always saying I have a headache. My mom took me to Dr's thinking I needed glasses, as I got older the migraines started and I needed suppositories to get rid of them. After marriage I took all kinds of tests and they couldn't find anything wrong, they called the headaches stress pain. Then I had a long bout of many years when I didn't get headaches much but then they started again, not the migraines but the actual everyday headaches. Now again they have calmed down. I take Advil for the pain now and also have a prescription from the Dr. if they get really bad. So it's been a lifelong problem with me and yet they never knew what caused them.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suffer from monthly hormonal migraines. They always start in the middle of the night. If I catch it quickly. I can use extra strength liquid advil and a Tylenol 3. It usually lasts 2 days. If I start to vomit. I end up in the hospital only morphine and zoferan (anti-nausea) work at this point. this happens about 4 times a year. I have tried migraine medications, they take the edge off, but they last much longer.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No migraines here, sometimes the occasional headache - usually sinus related. I used to have a real problem with Cluster headaches that no medication can help...they were anxiety caused. I had some CBT at the time and they progressively went away and I have not had one in 4 years now!
Its amazing what stress and anxiety can do to your body....

sugarlandchic83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Daily, sometimes hourly. Im so fearful im gonna get a freakin hole in my tummy from taking so much asprin all the time! BTW...which one is it thats better to take, tylenol or like motrin? Doesnt one, according to doctors, ease the potential problem of ulcers, holes, etc.?? One thing that has helped SOME is taking a daily, non drowsy, allergy pill. I take the Walgreens brand of Allervert, it definately has helped.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have very few headaches, and can often just ignore it. Occasionally it will be sufficient to warrant an Exedrin or two, but that takes care of it quickly.

I also get ocular migraines -- weird -- just the aura, no pain, and it's gone in half an hour or less. I usually have three or four episodes within a few weeks and then it can be months or years before it happens again. For the most part it doesn't stop me doing anything, except of course I won't drive during an episode. Never identified a trigger.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get headaches and migraines. The migraines are a new development...they happen pretty much monthly since they took me off "the pill" a year ago.
Unfortunately, nothing over the counter seems to help them. I have an appointment with my doctor in a couple of weeks and I'm going to beg for a prescription.

The headaches I've had pretty much all my life. I tend to be sensitive to the barometric pressure and I have loads of allergies. My neurologist recommended a year ago that I take 500 mg of magnesium a day, and that's helped immensely. Apparently many people with chronic headaches have a magnesium deficiency that contributes to the problem.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get severe migraines and headaches.
I can tell a migraine is going to hit sometimes and have pills from the dr to stop it.
If the pills do not work then I have to go to the er and get a shot.
I get alot of sinus headaches also because I am so allergic.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Migraines: because I don't get them often, I chose not to be on a migraine medicine. Instead I take anti inflammatories + pain relief. If its a really bad one, I'm outta luck till it decides to ease up, no med helps. A quiet dark room and a cool wet cloth ease it a touch.
This is me also. I get a regular migraine (what most people think of when they think "migraine") only once or twice a year. I choose not to be on migraine medication, and Imitrex makes me vomit uncontrollably so I can't take it. I just have to suffer through them.

I also get Hemiplegic Migraines http://www.healthcentral.com/migrain...s-38571-5.html I get an aura (sparkly, rainbow looking things in my vision), I have a range of loss of muscle control on the right side of my body between full paralysis to mild, confusion (like last time I tried to say "I'm going to the doctor" but instead I kept saying "I'm going to the TV") to where I can't really understand what is going on, nausea, and photophobia. The first time this happened was when I was pregnant with my son, and the last time was a couple years ago. They aren't fun, and simulate a stroke.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do get headaches, and usually take 3 Aleve or Ibuprofen, whichever is handy.
I tend to get more tension headaches than anything, and Excedrin for tension headaches helps quite a bit.
When I feel a migraine coming (I get a visual aura) I either take several feverfew capsules and a drink heavy in caffeine (a Pepsi or strong coffee), or I take a prescription med called Midrin.
Luckily for me, the migraines don't come nearly as often as they used to. They also used to be alot worse, complete with the nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. Maybe I've outgrown them?