Qestion of the Day - Wed, June 23

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's question is about seasons. What is your favorite season? Do you love the hot days of summer or a crisp winter day? The newness of spring or the sigh of autumn?

Me, I like the freshness of a spring day and the coolness of an autumn day. Winters here can be very cold even though we don't get snow, and the summers are way to hot for me (and I have lived here all my life).

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Today's question is about seasons. What is your favorite season? Do you love the hot days of summer or a crisp winter day? The newness of spring or the sigh of autumn?
For me, you just can't beat an early Spring day when the temperatures are just getting warm enough to open the windows again and the trees and flowers are coming back to life. After an entire Winter of bundling up and being chilly, it's such a great feeling.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

For me, you just can't beat an early Spring day when the temperatures are just getting warm enough to open the windows again and the trees and flowers are coming back to life. After an entire Winter of bundling up and being chilly, it's such a great feeling.
My thoughts exactly. Well put, Grogs.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love the hot and hazy days of summer. Spring is pretty with everything budding out and flowering. Autumn is pretty, too, although I get a little sad, knowing that winter isn't too far away. But I love summer because of the long days....it seems that I never get everything done that I want to do. I love being in the pool, sometimes until midnight, just lounging around, and watching the stars. One year, DS and I spent most of the night in the pool on rafts, watching the Perseid meteor shower.

I despise winter with a passion. I hate the snow and ice and freezing rain. And I hate being cold. And I hate driving in all that stuff.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love autumn---the cool days, the gorgeous colors of the leaves, the days getting shorter. Spring is a close 2nd; I love walking thru my yard searching for the little flower sprouts making their first appearance.

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fall first, Winter second, Spring third and Summer least of all.

HATE the heat. Good thing I'm up here in the northwoods so not a long summer spell. Fall isn't long enough. I like as it starts to cool off and all the fall leaves come into full color. Spring I don't really like cuz everything starts budding and making me itch, but I love the birds.. till they decide to start waking me up at 330 in the morning. Well, that's the pterodactyls aka blue jays that do the most waking up. Year before it was some kind of woodpecker who never pecked but just squawked. Wonder what it will be next year?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like late summer best, when it's still warm and sunny, but cooler and night.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Me, I like the freshness of a spring day and the coolness of an autumn day. Winters here can be very cold even though we don't get snow, and the summers are way to hot for me (and I have lived here all my life).
Bakersfield - the Central Valley - are you sure you have seasons?
Thanks to the fruit and veggie capitol area of the states.

Well, I love autumn in the Catskills. There is no season better than smelling the crisp air and seeing the beautiful trees. Nothing like it in CA.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love summer! The heat, the long days, the feeling of walking into the cool house, the festivities downtown, the vacations!
We live in a town that has free community events all during the summer so its great to be able to go downtown and walk around and spend the entire night entertained and barely spend anything! And I love being able to go outside at 9pm and it still be light! And the gardens are growing and the flowers are growing and I love it!
Plus there is nothing better to me than lighting the tiki torches and hanging out on the patio listening to the cicadas and grilling a few steaks. (Now if only I could talk Gary into a pond I'd be in heaven!)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I like late summer best, when it's still warm and sunny, but cooler and night.
I don't like when its really hot, but I like it when its warm and sunny out.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to be the one vote for winter.

I love winter. Especially when there's a nice clean blanket of snow on everything and you have a nice brisk wind - not too cold, but just cold enough to keep the snow around and remind you that you're alive. I even like the fact that it gets dark so early because few things are prettier than moonlight on snow.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lived in New England all my life and you either enjoy each season or you are miserable ALOT.

I love winter for its quiet and cleanness. I live by the beach and its my favorite time to go down there. The ocean is usually always churning that time of year.

I love spring because after that long winter I (and the cats) am ready to open the windows and watch things start come alive again. Its so much fun to wake up one day and its like everything decides to bloom overnight!

I love summer for its longer days and sunshine. I feel energized and ready to do things.

I love autumn for its beauty. But also the smells of autumn. Apples and hay. Dried leaves and crisp cool air. (sigh)

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My least favorite season is Summer because I hate the heat and today is one horrible hot day. Unfortunately I had to run an errand and I couldn't wait to get back home in the a/c. My favorite season is Autumn. I don't mind winter but don't like the snow and ice but the cold does not bother me at all. Spring is nice but it means Summer is almost here, yuck.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

I'm going to be the one vote for winter.

I love winter. Especially when there's a nice clean blanket of snow on everything and you have a nice brisk wind - not too cold, but just cold enough to keep the snow around and remind you that you're alive. I even like the fact that it gets dark so early because few things are prettier than moonlight on snow.
No you're not the only one, I love Winter also. A whole lot more than sticky Summer.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm actually a winter gal myself. I love the crisp cold, and the snow (when it snows). I love throwing an extra blanket on and snuggling under the covers. I haven't had the heat on in my apartment for 20 years! They run it so hot that I can't stand it. If it gets cold, I put on a sweater.

I was raised in Minnesota. Some come out of it hating the cold and craving warm weather. I feel the opposite.

Fall runs a close second with me.

I'm miserable in the summer. Can't stand heat and humidity - it makes me really cranky.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they all have so many different beautiful moments, but my favorite is definitely Spring!!!!!! The new growth, the flowers, the crisp cool nights and warm days!