Q: Abort vs. carry to term?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Grant Sachs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. The friends I had lined up were not getting a kitten otherwise so it may or may not have an effect on shelter populations but 🤷🏼‍♂️

trying to take it in stride. Poppy is doing well, she’s not very interested in being held lol. Still in pain for sure

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. The friends I had lined up were not getting a kitten otherwise so it may or may not have an effect on shelter populations but 🤷🏼‍♂️

trying to take it in stride. Poppy is doing well, she’s not very interested in being held lol. Still in pain for sure
Did they send her home with pain meds? She will start feeling better day by day you will notice her pain levels decrease.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I know how you feel Grant Sachs Grant Sachs

:hugs:

I've been doing TNR for a while now and I've had to have feral cats spayed/aborted several times in the past. It's very sad, but all things considered it's for the best.

If you have the space and the funds to care for any other cats or kittens shelters are always looking for people to foster. Or you could make a donation to a shelter on Poppy's behalf.

I hope you and Poppy both feel better soon.

:catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Grant Sachs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel Grant Sachs Grant Sachs

:hugs:

I've been doing TNR for a while now and I've had to have feral cats spayed/aborted several times in the past. It's very sad, but all things considered it's for the best.

If you have the space and the funds to care for any other cats or kittens shelters are always looking for people to foster. Or you could make a donation to a shelter on Poppy's behalf.

I hope you and Poppy both feel better soon.

:catlove:
Thank you :)

Ive considered fostering a kitten as a feel good remedy lol. I think I’d try to keep it though - 3 kittens that need to find homes is totally different than one little guy I can totally bond with 😂😂

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ive considered fostering a kitten as a feel good remedy lol. I think I’d try to keep it though - 3 kittens that need to find homes is totally different than one little guy I can totally bond with 😂😂
I have fostered once and failed miserably... I kept the little guy. Lol but hey he has a great home and was loved unconditionally. He was under the hood of a car in the winter... had to have his front left arm amputated but he didn't let it hold him back at all.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I think this is a great idea, as long as you're not a chronic foster-failer. :) It's a common problem.
I do think you did the right thing. :hugs: Grieve, by all means, but she was very early in the pregnancy and can now concentrate on getting over her spay and living her wonderful life with you.
As for the pain, often they give pain meds that last some time. How does she seem now?