Pyrex Nesting Bowls

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have had the Pyrex nesting bowls for almost as long as I've been married. Several years ago, I broke my green bowl and I was heartbroken.

Well, Dear Richard was at the Amish benefit yesterday and he came to my rescue. They had the yellow, green, and red bowls at the sale and he scarfed them up, so that I'd have another green bowl. My set is complete again.

The ladies there were probably wondering what Rick was doing there because he was just standing there as the auctioneer went through the items. Then the Pyrex bowls came up and Rick snapped to attention. That bidding was rather heavy for a while. But he got them. A woman came up to him afterward and offered him $100 for the bowls. He said he'd sell the yellow and red to her, but the green bowl was for me. She wasn't interested if she couldn't have all three bowls.

Mom had a set; she broke her yellow bowl. My aunt found a couple yellow bowls at a flea market and bought them. She gave one to Mom and the other one to me. Mom used that yellow bowl to make her potato salad in for family dinners. We always saw that yellow bowl at the table. I use mine to brine chicken.

I know you can get them on eBay sometimes.

Attachments

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hes a good man your Dear Richard. :redheartpump:

My bestie’s sister collects old Pyrex so she’s always on the hunt for her. I tell her what I’m looking for too. Now its pieces from my grandma’s set. I’m not sure my aunt will want to divide it up so I’m looking for things myself. Ebay and replacements.com have some things. I need to decide what I want.

Someone gave my mom a new vintage inspired set of pyrex bowl’s that she passed on to me when she moved last fall. They even have lids! I love them. I could use a few more.:lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are nice. I have a set of clear glass nesting bowls that I love and use often.
But those are very nice. Mine are a little taller and narrower, I like the size of those.
Way to go Richard.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice buy. I have mismatched Pyrex bowls, two large and two medium ones with the pouring lip/handle on them, plus two small round ones. I picked them up over the years at thrift shops and love them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When we got married, we received quite a bit of Pyrex casseroles and bowls. I know that I can use these pieces in the oven as they're the old stuff. The newer stuff I wouldn't trust in the oven. When Mom went into the nursing home and we had to clean out their apartment, I took some of her Pyrex casseroles with the lids. I use them, but not that often anymore. I should probably sell them or donate them, but I hate to give up the memories, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, Rick rocked on that!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When we got married, we received quite a bit of Pyrex casseroles and bowls. I know that I can use these pieces in the oven as they're the old stuff.
Yes! :yess: I have the Pyrex casserole bowls in several different sizes and have used them in the oven for many years. They have definitely held up well which just goes to show they don't make them like they used to.:wink: