Pyometra or something

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My orange cat mating this cats about 3-4 days straight, and she still let orange cat mating, week after i noticed she usually licking her vulva area, so i still thinking it's normal for them

until today i realized some fluids come out, at first it just look like clear fluid with a litte pink, so i wiped it and smell it, it have foul-smelling, when other cat smell it, their mouth just open for awhile,

After that she still licking her vulva. Once she is sleeping, i just saw that fluid come out pretty many, white with pink,red maybe so i noticed, it's pyometra

tomorrow i will come to vet to ask for details (surgery or just antibiotics), and maybe give her 1st vaccine before surgery ?
cuz my first surgery cat don't have advice from 1st vet so she had surgery while not have any vaccine first, died after 10days by fpv

this cat still eating drinking, everything is normal except her stool a little small (not loose or diarrhea), she seems attracted to me, always around me today. So does 1st vaccine is enough safe for her, before pyometra surgery ? she's pretty old, about 7 years
cuz 2nd vaccine need to be 1 months after.

her vulva seems like always wet inside i think, i can spread it easily

1694436718516.jpeg

1694436738254.jpeg

https://imgur.com/a/JNDp4E8

Last edited by a moderator:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she were my cat I would not wait vaccines or not she would be in the vet as soon as I noticed signs and symptoms of pyrometra. You can discuss vaccines when you take her in to the vet but it is important to get her to the vet for the pyometra now. I would not postpone taking her to the vet as pyrometra can be a fatal infection if not taken care of as soon as possible.

Has she not had any vaccinations

vinntis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Don't wait to take her to the vet. At least get an ultrasound before deciding to wait for a vaccine to work.

My foster had a hysterectomy due to pyometra 3 weeks ago. It started similarly - on a Friday night, we noticed a single drop of blood on the floor. We have 5 cats, all were eating well and seemed to be as good as always, so we didn't suspect her yet. But on Saturday she licked her vulva more than usual and had some trouble in the litterbox (stayed in there for a minute after peeing, as if she didn't get it all out). In the evening when she was sleeping we noticed even more blood mixed with pus under her. The next day she had an ultrasound which confirmed an infection - a mild one, they said. The cat ate and played with others as if nothing was wrong, but stayed around me more often.
The surgery was on Monday and let me tell you, we don't know if she could wait any longer. The uterus was so engorged that the vet literally brought it to me to show it. It seemed like it was about to pop. I can't imagine what would happen if we didn't act asap.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't wait to take her to the vet. At least get an ultrasound before deciding to wait for a vaccine to work.

My foster had a hysterectomy due to pyometra 3 weeks ago. It started similarly - on a Friday night, we noticed a single drop of blood on the floor. We have 5 cats, all were eating well and seemed to be as good as always, so we didn't suspect her yet. But on Saturday she licked her vulva more than usual and had some trouble in the litterbox (stayed in there for a minute after peeing, as if she didn't get it all out). In the evening when she was sleeping we noticed even more blood mixed with pus under her. The next day she had an ultrasound which confirmed an infection - a mild one, they said. The cat ate and played with others as if nothing was wrong, but stayed around me more often.
The surgery was on Monday and let me tell you, we don't know if she could wait any longer. The uterus was so engorged that the vet literally brought it to me to show it. It seemed like it was about to pop. I can't imagine what would happen if we didn't act asap.
I'm so glad you noticed and took her in as soon as possible. That's the worst thing about a cat.. they hide their pain/discomfort way too well. Her sticking near you was probably her way of being comforted

Pyrometra is nothing to wait on. It is fatal a cat can be ok one day then it can rupture the very next day. Again I am so very glad you noticed when you did and took immediate action to get her the help she needed. She is a lucky little girl to have you in her life for sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
vet see nothing weird when use ultrasonic, and tell me if it keep happens, bring her to him
today is first vaccine nobivac 4 in 1
feline rhino/calici/panleu/chlamydia psittaci

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2 weeks later, no sign of any fluids, her tits just pink which mean she's pregnant

i feel like once she's pregnant, it just push out any pyometra fluids building up in those years, outside