Putting My 16yo Down Tomorrow

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh-oh-oh....one more because this is the one I really wanted to post in the first place.

Its never easy. I still think about Chloe some 18yrs later. The thing about pets in general is they give. They don't care about politics, religion, race, and all that other stupid shit we human use to hate each other. They just love. I see you are/were a fellow Ohioan.
Very, very true!!! [Was born and raised in Ohio - Columbus! However, I've now actually lived longer in Florida than I did in Ohio.]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Felix, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Love does not die. Not ever. It changes form and continues on, still Love. Felix is with you still.

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So very sorry to see this. I am 3 weeks and a few days past saying Goodbye to my own 16 year old Tortie girl. It SUCKS MUD to say goodbye to these beautiful Companions that God gives us. I will keep you in my thoughts.

jeannecarol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was indeed beautiful. You were lucky to have him for so long. But I know how it feels; over 2 years ago we had to have our sweet Oreo (also 16 and 3 months) put down because of severe kidney issues. He had stones too, from age 4, and we had to give him prescription food, though in his case it was dry food, and the first brand he was put on caused him to gain weight which he never lost so he got a bit roly-poly. He went from being "our" kitten to "my" cat, and he was my sweetie-pie for all those years. Of course after his first new crisis about a week before his 16th birthday, he got better for awhile after surgery but lost a lot of weight and was getting dehydrated. We struggled for 3 months and finally when it looked like he was back to Square One we knew we had to give up. It's never easy.

All the best to you in your grief, and you will eventually smile at the memories of his good times.

Pook

Litterbox Queen
Young Cat
Purraise
Dearest Felix,

I am so sorry you had to leave us. We never know our time. Now that you have crossed the Rainbow Bridge and are happy, healthy and well, keep an ear out for a call,

Some day you will see T twintriode begin to cross, and you will run to him in a joyous reunion.

Then paw in hand, you will cross the Bridge together, never to be separated.

Your friend
Pook