Puttin Mufasa down today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I still can't believe my big boy's gone. I keep calling out to him, just to realize that he's not here anymore. I've decided to keep one of the stray kittens to keep Chemul company. There's one that I'm quite attached to. Chemul keeps wandering around in a daze, looking for him.
I keep wondering if I made the right decision. On one side, I wish I would have put him through more tests, that maybe it was something curable, but on the other side, he would have had to be locked in a cage until we determined what it was, and that would seem like an eternity to him, which isn't fair.
This is an awful feeling. Now I know what dog owners feel like when they have to put down their dog down because its too aggressive.
My poor, poor boy.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Bridge is just that much brighter for his presence there.

We all second guess. Be good to yourself. What you had to do was out of love. Keep believing that because it is true.

You are in my prayers tonight and so is Mufasa and your little poodle.

I wish you peace in your heart and the knowledge that you did the right thing.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some of the saddest words are "if only" and "what if"

Don't second guess yourself.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mufasa was NOT a happy cat. Whatever caused his issues must have terrified him too.

You are a hero, having made the right decision, as difficult a choice as it was.

Mufasa was a magnificent cat. He was loved. And now all his panic attacks are over and he's at the Rainbow Bridge, purring and happy again.

Peace to you at this sad time.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I"m so sorry aboit your loss, but you did the right thing. OMg he was such a gorgeous boy! It is so awful what happened to him, but now he is not suffering anymore. I hope your doggie gets better soon, poor baby ....HUgs to you!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bastetservant

Oh, the pictures put me over the edge. So beautiful!

He was such a beautiful (and powerful) boy.

I'm so sorry sweetie. It sounds very much like the right decision. It is clear he was suffering.
It's always a choice everyone second-guesses, but that's because the right decision for THEM is not what we want.