Purring changed

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I noticed Lens purring has changed , there was the normal low rumbling with a high pitched wheeze. I noticed when he woke from napping his breathing was wheezy. He’s eating normally, dont appear ill although the random biting has returned ( he’s a ex feral ) so somethings not right. The only time he goes out is to follow me to the trash bin, so pretty sure he’s not picked up something from outside. I did feed him on a different brand of food a couple of days he only ate a bit then refused to eat anymore of it.
Anybody have any ideas?

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Purr changes always worry me about sign of illness, I never take it lightly. The two instances I witnessed it, was when both of my cats were very ill. Your gut is right, something most likely is not right. Maybe he is biting out of pain? or agitation? Keep us updated, I say vet visit asap when you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah i phoned them as soon as they opened. He’s just not right, he’s eating but he’s not begging for food like normal. I’ve just noticed one of his eyes is closed. Vet appointment is in a hour..I’ll let you know x

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heart, Lungs seem fine, temperature is fine she gave me some anti inflammatory and said come back in a week if he’s still off. On the plus side he was a perfect gentleman being a ex feral , although he wasn’t too impressed having his temp took lol

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats Bourbon was an ex feral. The first few days she was officially adopted by me, she was fine. After some time I heard the wheezing, and purrs seemed strange. Turned out she has asthma. She also had URI. The vet said it could be from the time she was still living in the streets.

You did a good job in sending him to the vet immediately. Anything to keep us from being worried, it's always best to bring our beloved furry companions to the vet as soon as able.

Here's praying for your kitty's immediate recovery. :vibes:

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh asthma he does cough occasionally, but so did my last cat i assumed it was hairballs. He seems to have picked up a bit, he’s been purring up my nose..gross I know but it’s his thing lol. No wheeze, but seems to be swallowing a lot so maybe he has a sore purr box..sorry don’t know the real name.

Id treat at home if i thought it was minor but yeah I got to vet asap, he was horrible when I 1st got him, now he’s a gentle soul apart from he never learnt he supposed to keep his claws in. Couldn’t bare to lose him by not acting quick enough.