Purina

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by x0fantasy_

i feed my babies purina one and they LOVE it. I tried other stuff, buyt this is their fave!
Lucky used to love it too... Just the same way we love junk food

Purina is to a cat what McDonalds is for us

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Keep in mind that Purina is, essentially, a grain processing company. The WILL put grain in almost everything. Grain isn't something cats need or can use very well.

That said, I've known cats to eat Purina Cat Chow all their life and live good, healthy lives. My brother's cats are like that, and 16+ years is pretty typical.
Yep, purina feeds that is why you'll find alot of their products{not just cat/dog food} at a feed mill..

It isn't the best but i also had cats live to 17 and 18yrs respectively on cat chow

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing I find most frightening about Purina is that they manufacture a complete line of exotic zoo animal diets (Mazuri), most of which read as poorly as their pet foods and include ethoxyquin.

I hope there aren't any reputable zoos that use this stuff.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

The thing I find most frightening about Purina is that they manufacture a complete line of exotic zoo animal diets (Mazuri), most of which read as poorly as their pet foods and include ethoxyquin.

Really? i had no idea, i just know many years ago when the ethoxyquin mess was going on they were one of the few who used Vit A, all my childhood pets were fed purina chows, now i know for other current offenders whiskas is a huge user of it, all the dry contain it and their wet have BHA/BHT

I use fancy feast and friskies wet products here though because it is all my dollies will eat *sigh*

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Sadly enough, as a rat owner, short of ordering decent food, Mazuri is about the only decent thing you get in a pet store. I will not feed it my ratkids, but many people do.

That being said...I am still on the hunt for the best cat food to feed the naked kids when they get here

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to the original poster - Royal Canin is, by far, the best of the 3 you can buy locally.