Purina One...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spoke to a girl called Kate at Purina One first thing this morning. She assured me that the wheat gluten wasn't imported from China. I asked where it came from, and she was certain it was home produced, but said she would double check and e-mail me. As yet i havent had a reply, so i'll be ringing her first thing.

At the moment the girls are having Purina One turkey and rice for hairball control, and that's the only one that doesn't seem to have the wheat gluten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they did return the opened bag. They said that it wasn't recalled but they took it back anyway.
Angie

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Adult Cat Sensitive Systems w/ turkey.

Senior Cat Senior Protection Formula w/ chicken.

Got them both today, and am in the process of gradually switching our 2-yr. old cat to the sensitive systems diet. When the all-clear is announced, we will be switching her back. Or 16-yr. old is eating Purina wet food senior diet.

vicious vaness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I spoke to a girl called Kate at Purina One first thing this morning. She assured me that the wheat gluten wasn't imported from China. I asked where it came from, and she was certain it was home produced, but said she would double check and e-mail me. As yet i havent had a reply, so i'll be ringing her first thing.
I really hope that the wheat gluten isn't imported from China. I feed my cat pro plan. I checked both cartons of food before the FDA recall; they both contain wheat gluten. I haven't bought him any new food since early March, which I think was before the recall. I have no idea what to feed him until things are cleared out.

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been feeding all of our cats including Buster (a feral shed cat) and Skippy (a new feral that eats Buster's food) Purina Pro Plan 3 oz. cans and I just found out that every variety except chicken and liver contains wheat gluten! Who would have thought this?

I stopped at the Pet Supplies store tonight and checked every label on the cans and then I bought more of the no wheat gluten chicken and liver. The dry foods I've been feeding: Nutro natural choice, Purina 1 Salmon and Tuna flavor, and Hill's Adult original Science Diet contain no wheat gluten, but do have corn gluten.

Poor Buster and to a lesser extent, Skippy, were subjected to the awful Nutro Natural Choice pouches.
So far, Buster is eating well and still alive and Skippy, who is much bolder and will yowl on or near the porch when he's hungry, is also doing well.