Purina One vs Eukanuba

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Where I live Purina and IAMS are a little cheaper then Eunkanuba, Royal Canin or Nutro. Nutro and Royal Canin are the most expensive here. Everywhere I've looked, Chicken Soup is quite a bit more then any of them. Could be looking in all the wrong places though!
chn soup is cheaper than most at qa feed store but more expensive if at a pet shop..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosie0708

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you everyone for your input. I have learned about some brand cat food that I have never heard about before and I will do research on those. There is a lot to think about!! I really appreciate all the helpful responses!

I hope everyone has a great New Year!

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of "lower grade" kibble I suppose. owever, Eukanuba can't be horrible. Most of the people in the show world [at least the people I have met here] feed Eukanuba and their dogs have healthy, beautiful coats. We have a puppy actually who was in a week ago to be euthanized [he has some brain issue.] They decided to give him another week to see if they could find someone to adopt him. He came back in last night [a really stupid rescue is taking him] and he's HUGE, and he looks great all health issues aside. He's being fed Eukanuba Large Breed.

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every cat is different in how they respond to certain kinds of cat food. I believe those sensitive stomach formulas are good for cats in general, not just the ones that have a sensitive stomach. It makes sense to feed a cat the most highly digestible cat food you can find.

I often find that many people are anti-Iams and I'm not. I like the canned Iams because I consider it a decent food that you can buy just about anywhere but will not feed the dry Iams because it's so full of grain fractions and a lot of their formulas are not that great. Eukanuba seems better but it's also very very rich. My cats do excellent on the dry Natural Balance Venizon and Pea diet. That's for all life stages(So you wouldn't have to feed your cats separately) but not as rich as Eukanuba or the original Natural Balance formula. If I didn't have them on that, and I'm not changing their food since they really like that dry venizon and pea, then I would probably go with Nutro Natural Choice which is formulated to be easy to digest for sensitive stomachs(But you'll have to buy Kitten and Adult food separately)or Natura Pet Products California Natural(I believe you can feed that to kittens, I'm not sure) for dry food. I think allergy diets(venizon and pea, duck and pea, rabbit and pea) and simple formulas such as California Natural's Chicken and brown rice diet are the best. I think that the more simple and natural the formula the less likely that the food has commonly used ingredients that might irritate the stomach. But trial and error and how your cat responds to certain foods will tell you the truth.

stellacakes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I started feeding my kitten Eukanuba because it had the highest protein and fat content that I could find, as well as having meat as the first three ingredients. She's a really tiny cat and I wanted her to get some meat on her bones. So far, it seems to be working. Her coat is also a lot softer than it was when I was feeding her Hills's Feline Dvelopment prescription dry food.