PUREST & HIGH DENSITY meat (canned) ? help

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello guys

I have posted here previously cause my cat is really sensitive and has an history of loose stool

I have tried many food and what I know is that he needs:

- turkey
- least amount possible of other ingredients

He has been on Buffalo Limited Turkey & Potatoes.
Past year he has done so well with perfect stool with the addition of Proviable probiotics.

Past 2 months instead it's been all Ups and Downs (diarrhea every few days).

Few deliveries of Buffalo has been inconsistent in their texture, more soupy, less meat, softer...and I always noticed that this gives him diarrhea.

Is there any canned food on the market that is 99% turkey, consistent, hard texture without jellys, veggies, carrageenan and other BS ?

thanks a lot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember I have tried it long time ago and it gave him diarrhea, at that time I suspected the reason was the high dose of liver :/

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I'd need something where the meat is not blended into a super fine pate' with all the other ingredients

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wellness has a turkey morsels i feed graycie its grain free no potatoes in it either nulo has a turkey duck food i also been feeding her its also lil morsels both have a lil gravey with it but not swampy

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There isn't a commercial canned food that is over 96% meat and is not pate. Have you considered a raw or home cooked diet?

Try a different probiotic. You don't necessarily need a pet specific one. Human ones are just fine and have higher CFU counts and more bacteria strains.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue is one of the last brands I would ever feed my pets. They cut corners with sourcing and quality control and cover up their recall history with lots of advertising.

You're definitely going to be looking at a pate for a canned food without any starches (tapioca is one that they sneak in there a lot but it's full of carbs). If you want more texture, you can try some commercial raw foods like Primal, Stella and Chewy's, Tiki Cat has a good one now, and some other smaller brands depending on what store you go to.

Great canned options are Dr. Elsey's, Ziwi Peak, Feline Naturals, Meat Mates, Hounds and Gatos, to name a few. If you think liver might have caused problems, try and find the flavor from a brand with a lower fat content. Most of them list his info on their website.

However, it could just be that your cat has a sensitive digestive system and new foods should be transitioned to slowly, feeding a mix of the old and new food for a whole and gradually increasing the amount of the new food. Any sudden change can disrupt some cats, even if it's healthier.

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Atm I'm back to Buffalo Turkey and Potato

the new batch seems way denser and my cat is doing better

When I feed it I remove all that jelly/filler that surrounds the meat

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hound&Gatos has a firm texture, at least used to have two years ago when we tried it.. it does have agar agar though.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got some h&g but mixing in ot alternating American journey landmark or tiki. H&g is very low in protein,an and tiki high protein low fat. I used to give my cats wellness core,also dense