Pureed cat food, do they make it1?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weruva's new BFF chicken-based pates are also very soft -- our cats love them! Sheba pates are also very soft, as is Nutro Natural Choice duck.

daftcat75 daftcat75 -- sorry to hear about the tooth! I think Krista has a vet appointment today anyway, doesn't she? It sounds like that might have been, as they say, a lucky break?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista wasn't going to let the Dr into her mouth yesterday. We have an appointment for Tuesday where she'll be examined under sedation with mouth films, and whatever extractions are needed can be done at that time too. In the meantime, being able to give her transdermal bupe on her punk rock shaved neck (shaved from the recent feeding tube insertion and subsequent removal by the patient herself) rather than fussing with her ears has made it so much easier to just keep the bupe on a constant and regular schedule. Interesting development: She seems to actually prefer shreds texture to pate. I wonder what that says about where the pain is. I think it's a lower incisor that her tongue glides past, but that she can avoid when chewing. That's my theory. She's eating Pure Bites tuna in water (supplement food only but better than nothing) and also has taken a liking to Canidae. Figures she'd like a discontinued food. I found a few more cans to hopefuly get us through this.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes, daftcat75, that sounds like quite an appointment, poor Krista! And you, too, it's so stressful handling these problems. And it is so strange how cats change their preferences for various kinds of foods. The main thing is that she's eating something. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's appointment, I hope it goes well.

qtpidani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my boys (part Manx) is SUPER picky about his food. He will not eat any wet food unless it is in liquid or at a minimum, mousse form. He has eosinophilic granuloma so that could be part of the reason and finds "slurping" food to be easier than "eating". Either that or he's just odd :)

I blend a can of pate style food with water in my ninja chopper or milkshake/drink mixer. I buy the larger cans of Dave's and only have to blend up a batch every couple days. He also eats raw chicken and dry. I feed pretty much anything and everything here at my zoo.... I cater to all :)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to this thread, I realized blending a can at a time is far superior than trying to blend only a tablespoon or two. All that gelatinous fatty stuff at the top of the can makes it blend to a real smooth texture. I just wish my Krista actually liked it that way.