Pure white cat~

cherriey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey I love reading myths about cats! Just the possibility that they are more likely to jump in water and go for a swim is amazingly wonderful to me in itself! =0)

Ack! You have that problem there too? Here there is a popular story (mainly because it's true) that is passed around as a warning to animal owners or just everyone in general. It deals with a mountain lion who (because of the over abundance of its kind and therefore the lack of the deer it likes to eat) parked itself outside a woman's trailer house. Now this woman had quite a few cats and got quite tired of opening and closing the door for whenever they wanted to go out and so had long ago had a pet door installed. The mountain lion sat outside that pet door and quietly ate every one of those cats as it left the building. Unfortunately for the woman the pet door was then useless to her.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get the idea of what the US considers "van" pattern? Van just means the color is restricted to the head and tail (and one or two body spots). The himilayan pattern is a "pointed" pattern on siamese or persians.

There's a big difference in the two. CFA combined the himilayans and persians and puts the "himilayan" in the "pointed" class as a sub-class with persians. They would compete with all the other persians for best of breed.

ACFA (not sure of TICA) still keeps them separate at this time.

beach bum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Where did you get the idea of what the US considers "van" pattern? Van just means the color is restricted to the head and tail (and one or two body spots). The himilayan pattern is a "pointed" pattern on siamese or persians.

There's a big difference in the two. CFA combined the himilayans and persians and puts the "himilayan" in the "pointed" class as a sub-class with persians. They would compete with all the other persians for best of breed.

With respect, Golden Kitty, I suspect that you may have misread Sam's note just a bit. She was referring to "Harlequin," not "Himalayan." "Harlequin" has only fairly recently, I believe, been replaced even in the US itself, in general, by "Van," to label the pattern you rightly describe. When I say "fairly recently," keep in mind that I am 70 years of age, and this is a relative concept.

All the best,

Jim

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Are you referring to my post?

If you are you will of course know that I have been breeding Persians for six years now. I know exactly what the US considers the Van pattern. I have handled and loved over many a "Van" cat in my time.

As Jim said I was referring to Harlequin and not Himilayans.

Thanks Jim!