Puppykat??

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit I'm still concerned with the breeding of domestic cats with the wild cats. I'm a lot better with the Bengals now, but still its (IMO) risky to be dealing with mixing servels, bobcats, lynx, and any other wild cat into the gene pool.

You have too many people out there that do NOT practice good breeding ethics!

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I have to admit I'm still concerned with the breeding of domestic cats with the wild cats. I'm a lot better with the Bengals now, but still its (IMO) risky to be dealing with mixing servels, bobcats, lynx, and any other wild cat into the gene pool.

You have too many people out there that do NOT practice good breeding ethics!
I agree that this is a concern. I wish there was a way to make sure only ethical breeders bred any animal.

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
even though I don't know anything about genetics or mutations, it seems wrong to try to breed one species so it will be more like another species. what's next? a canary that hops like a bunny? or a bunny that sings like a canary? seems kinda un-natural to me, and it disgusts me a little.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I'm sure you can work something out. As long as you are consistent in paying it. Will be bad for you if you don't

How old are you? If you have a job, and a regular paycheck, they should be able to work with you
I dont have a job because daycare is too expensive for my girls (400 or more a week for both) and people that would come to my house to watch them Ive interviewed but dont trust them..They just seemed shady. Dave however does have a really good job. So we are checking out vet places now and Im trying to get into contact with our local spca to see what they do in regards to helping with shots and stuff for the cats. So far the first 3 vets Ive been talking to are really impersonal and some of the customers I talked to werent really happy. But Im continueing my search for the perfect vet right now. My moms friend works as a tech at companion animal hospital so Im going to be talking to their vet on thursday and hopefully getting everyones appts made and done..Now with having girl kitties added to the household Im running around like a chicken trying to get Lil Man and Hercules in by June. And then the girls are next. But by the end of the summer all my babies will be desexed....Im excited...

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just keep on thing that is important in mind - if you get the boys done first, they STILL can get the females pregnant for about a month after being neutered! So keep them separated. I'd get the females done first - then no chance of any accidental litters!