Puppy Thinks Hes A Cat.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our New puppy Fenris, a chihuahua miniture pincher mix, is so loved by the cats its actually very funny. I brought him home and they all walked up to him smelled him. They welcomed him with open arms. (If i bring a cat home we need to site swap ext)
But hes about 10 weeks now and is acting like the cats! Hes being raised by cats and its so funny I love it. He even tried to use their litter box.
Anyone else have a similar situation? c:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That sounds so stinking cute! Do you have any pics of your cat-dog?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our New puppy Fenris, a chihuahua miniture pincher mix, is so loved by the cats its actually very funny. I brought him home and they all walked up to him smelled him. They welcomed him with open arms. (If i bring a cat home we need to site swap ext)
But hes about 10 weeks now and is acting like the cats! Hes being raised by cats and its so funny I love it. He even tried to use their litter box.
Anyone else have a similar situation? c:
Actually, yes!
We got a puppy once when we were up to our chins in foster cats (way back when) and also had a litter of kittens that were being bottle-fed, and that puppy spent a lot of time hanging out near those baby kittens. They were very close in age (only separate by about 5 weeks), and it was easy to keep an eye on a puppy when we were feeding babies via bottle if the puppy just came along.
That puppy/dog, their whole life, preferred cats over dogs and thought other dogs were undesirable idiots....never got snotty or snappy with dogs but just ignored them with this really hilarious "royal dismissal" head turn, like a King or Queen quietly and subtly dismissing someone they find repugnant and/or very stupid/not worth their time.
During this dogs life we brought home a stray kitten, and the dog (normally really quiet and didn't do much) came to life and became a master kitten raiser and spent the majority of his life inviting this kitten to play, sleeping next to her, chasing away any adult cat that might attempt a cheap pounce on a child, etc... I have so many pictures of this kittens growth stages with a snippet of a grinning, wide-eyed, play-bowing dog in the background hoping their invitation to this kitten to chase them would take off. This dog learned that cats don't play like dogs and developed cat-like ways of play. We had a "foster" Lab puppy for about 12 hours (owners were found, hurrah!), and this dog ignored the puppy that only desperately wanted a friend with a disgusted look, raised lip to say "back off" and that same royal dismissal.
Kittens and cats, different story.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But hes about 10 weeks now and is acting like the cats!
Glad to hear your new puppy is doing well and the cats have adjusted nicely.:thumbsup:
Instead of our dog acting like a cat we had the opposite experience, i.e. our cat, Neely, thought she was a dog. She would ignore her toys but play with the dogs' toys and run to the door whenever someone knocked, although never barked, lol.;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im laying in bed and I just heard my boyfriend tell the cats the dogs treats werent theirs "these are pup a ronis not cat a ronis" lol