Pumpkin Sleeping on her own for the first time! Not good..

pumpkin eater

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok sooo we've had our cutie little Manx kitten i dubbed Pumpkin for 2 weeks today. She's been sleeping in my room every night so far with a litter box near my door. Her poop has finally hardened so not so many worries about that now... but last night i let her stay out in the kitchen/living room for the first time.
We have another litter box in the laundry room & i know she knows to use it because i've seen her doing her business in it & that's where she has to go during the day because my bedroom door is closed.
I made sure to leave it open & i come out this morning & she'd pooped & peed in the middle of the living room! Thank goodness we have hardwood floors!

SOS!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is she? I wonder if she may just have gotten confused and not realized where the box was (this was her first night in this area, right?), or couldn't hold it til she found the box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pumpkin eater

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We thought about that (either that or she was doing it just to spite me cuz i kicked her out of the room!
)
Should i try putting one near my bedroom door & gradually move it towards the other one??

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of cat behaviorists will advise moving litter boxes very very slowly - so maybe putting another box near the bedroom can't hurt. Did you get the feeling she might have been trying to get to the bedroom box but couldn't quite make it?

I've also read that sometimes putting a night light by a box is a good idea.

Honestly, there are days that I think a box in every room isn't a bad idea - I've got four boxes for two cats.