Pumkin Carving

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Tricia -

I roasted the seeds. The guts went bye-bye. Do they celebrate Halloween in Germany?
They have for the past six or seven years, which reminds me that I have to go buy more candy tomorrow. I live in a small town, so people know that I'm American, and that their kids can expect candy if they want to go trick or treating.
Both Jamie and ZsaZsa love baked pumpkin. I slice it, pop it in the oven unspiced, and give it to them once it's lukewarm. The rest I use to make pumpkin pies, or bake for us using butter, cinnamon, and ginger. The seeds go to my father-in-law, who has some prostate problems (he's >80).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Chris- those look great - but definitely creepy

I also roasted the seeds, and have had WAY too many today!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hah! 5 pumpkins for 10 bucks.... right on!

Happy halloween.

also, note: 5 pumpkins =30 lbs of pumpkin guts o_O

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

hah! 5 pumpkins for 10 bucks.... right on!

Happy halloween.

also, note: 5 pumpkins =30 lbs of pumpkin guts o_O

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wooo! Awesome job! It turned out great! 5 pumpkins for $10 ? What a steal! I gutted my pumpkins around a bonfire last night with my nephew. It was really fun. He informed his "Aunt Tillie" last night that for the best pumpkins, I need to go to Georgia. umm... O.K.
Evidently he had seen it on The Weather Channel (P Allen Smith)

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't ya hate carving out those letters? I don't know if you ever saw the Pumpkin Masters "Nevermore" raven pattern but I was cursing alot when I was carving the letters.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great job on the pumpkins everyone!!
Makes me wish I had gotten some to carve. Then again, I don't think I have the patience!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

these are awesome. I remember last year I was saying to Chris (captiva) that I must find somewhere that sells whole pumpkins and carve one (we dont do it here at all).... but of course I completely forgot about it.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Don't ya hate carving out those letters? I don't know if you ever saw the Pumpkin Masters "Nevermore" raven pattern but I was cursing alot when I was carving the letters.
i have a neat x-acto blade thatt was JUST perfect.. but sadly I didn't notice that blade until I had already mangled "there be" ^.^