Pu Surgery Over A Year Later

Amberleesunshine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just found this site and I’m wondering if anyone else had a cat with the PU surgery that never really came to terms with it? I’ve taken my cat back to the vet multiple times since his surgery in June of 2017 since he seems to lick a lot and gets bitchy if you try to distract him. Only treats work. Last time I took him in they ran more blood tests and urinalisys to look for infection but he was in perfect health. However, at least a several times a day he dramatically throws himself down to lick his crotch. The rest of the time he looks pretty comfy. I did move recently but as you can see from the photo he doesn’t seem to care.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
ran more blood tests and urinalisys to look for infection
What a photo, --what a cat - it made me chuckle!

In the tests, were they looking at kidney and bladder function as well?

My big guy has been ok with his, there's no excessive licking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Amberleesunshine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

What a photo, --what a cat - it made me chuckle!

In the tests, were they looking at kidney and bladder function as well?

My big guy has been ok with his, there's no excessive licking.
He’s a silly guy. The apartment is rather warm so he likes to lay under the ceiling fan like this. Cracks me up. I think the blood tests were to check for those things but I didn’t check with them and I probably should. I’m going to take him in again next week but I was really hoping he would have stopped the excessive licking at this point. He seems comfortable since he’s either playing, eating or stretched out on his back taking up the bed. 2 different vets have said the area healed well and perhaps it’s a behavioral issue but I don’t really want to throw him on Prozac. He seems happy.