Protein

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmc32879

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

MMC32879 - Please remember that *ALL* posts in these forums are by people who are well meaning but who should NOT be considered to possess expert knowledge. We all post opinions based on our own experiences and research and on our possibly flawed interpretions of those experiences and research.

I hope your kitty gets well soon.
I appreciate the post. I wouldn't do anything without first discussing it with a vet, I basically use the information I get here as things to bring up when we do to the vet. Also I like to hear from people in similar situations to get insite from their experiences.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MMC32879

I appreciate the post. I wouldn't do anything without first discussing it with a vet, I basically use the information I get here as things to bring up when we do to the vet. Also I like to hear from people in similar situations to get insite from their experiences.
Excellent approach!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmc32879

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I just spoke to the vet, I'm actually shocked he called me on a Sunday to check on Blue. I thought that was pretty cool of him. Anyway I asked him if giving her more protein would help or hurt her. He said probably won't make much of a difference we just have to let the medication do it's thing. I have to bring her back either the end of this week or early next week. I'm opting for the latter, I want to give the medication enough time to work. When I mentioned the ultrasound he said we'll see what happens and that we may be able to correct whatever is wrong without doing one. So I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the advice and vibes.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SENDING VIBES ... that all will be easy to manage or fix... PS it is great to have vets that answer and check up

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Excellent approach!
I agree with mschauer.
Here is my 2 cents anyway:I am a firm believer in raw food diets and grain free diets and from my own research, raw and grain free are actually good for kidney issues. These cats need extra moisture so dry food is not a good idea.
http://www.holisticat.com/crf/Urinal...lood-Test.html

I really hope your cat gets better.