Proposal stories

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My first marriage...

My now ex proposed to me on my Birthday. We already had a son together who was a year old. I was still in high school. He woke me up...on a school day at 5:38am the exact minute I was born and gave me a cake with a ring in the rose on it. He woke my mom and twin sister up so they could watch. It was sweet, but I am not a morning person. LOL.

We stayed married for 8 years. Actually we are still technically married but have been separated for 5 years now. The divorce papers have now been filed. My son started high school today and our daughter started middle school.

I am waiting to see how my boyfriend proposes. If he does. I have made it very clear on occasion that I may not want to do that all again. We'll see. IF we get married it will be on a cruise ship. Not sure about how he will propose. Hopefullly he would go it on some island, or even Costa Maya, Mexico. Actually any cruise port would be awesome. Or even on the aship....it doesn't really matter. We have our next cruise coming up on October 30.

I love hearing all these stories too.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Bradley

Bobbie

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

I'm playing the waiting game these days.....yup....THAT waiting game....waiting for Bradley to propose already!
(and I am getting QUITE impatient!!!)
So, indulge me and share with me the stories of how your significant other proposed to you (or how you proposed to your s/o).
I'm right there with ya sister!!! Oh when will our boys get it!?!

In fact, I have the Jeweler's Bridal catalog that we visited sitting out on our kitchen table!

Hee, hee...gotta inch 'im along somehow!!

Susan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Mine's kinda
y but romantic. We'd been together for a while and both knew we'd get married. It was his birthday, we were in Paris, and I was expecting something to happen. We went up the Eiffel Tower and he proposed on one knee (
) then got out the plastic bottle of champagne that he'd managed to sneak past the guards! Very sweet man.
Are you sure your hubby isn't related to Tom Cruise?
That story sounds familiar!
I love reading everyon'e engagement stories
. Some funny, some romantic, some very very different (which is always cool).
Susan and Renee- don't worry ladies, our days will come (and SOON I hope!).
Anyone else have a good engagement story to tell?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I wish I were getting engaged! All these stories are so romantic!!

I have been with John now for 3 months-I had just broken up with my boyfriend Matt and I had known John thru work. Anyways, he was there to pick me up when I was down about the breakup, and after we had been hanging out for awhile, he went and got me a 1/2 carat princess cut diamond ring and asked me to go out with him and promise to be with him forever! Of course this is no engagement ring, but a promise ring is good enuf for me right now, and I will be letting u all know when I actually do get engaged!! You can all come to the party!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

That's a pretty impressive promise ring!
I thought so too--especially when he picked it out himself! I love a man who can pick out nice jewelry!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, there never was a proposal. I was in grad school, and a friend from Philly was visiting, and I got a job offer, which meant returning to the U.S. for at least two years. Robert and I went to a restaurant located in a department store to discuss the offer (my friend was sleeping off her jet lag, and we didn't want to disturb her) and somehow or other ended up making wedding plans. That was in April, and we married in June. I started the job in August. That was 25 years ago. There was nothing the least bit romantic about it.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were moving into this house that we just bought. My family was helping us move. His family couldn't make it for various reasons.
After everything was unloaded my sisters and I were going to make some sense of all the boxes when my husband said he had to go help his brother move a big cabinet. Now in my mind I was thinking they couldn't help us move our household and now you are going to help them move something!
But not wanting to ruin the day I said okay. So he left. Two hours later he was back and I had done as much as I was going to so my sisters left and we went to get something to eat. As we prepared to go to bed in our new (to us
) house he got down on his knees and said he did not want to enter this new phase in our lives living together without declaring his love for me and put the ring on my finger. I said yes of course. And where did he go for that two hours he was gone not to his brothers but he raced up to my dad to ask his permission for my hand in marriage. Boy am I glad I kept my mouth shut about what I thought of his brother.
We have now been married for two years.

Tricia

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ken and I had been dating/living together for 5 years. Now me I wasn't thinking marriage since we both agreed that the "M" word was a taboo subject(we both got burned in previous marriages) for us.

During an intimate moment he propose to me
no details here I said yes! The next morning I was in shock and asked him if he really ment what he said. He did
I walked around in shock for 2 days, before it really sank in that he proposed to me and that I had said yes

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well everyone on here knows how i got proposed, needless to say it didnt last long

xdx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I proposed to my Fiancee on the beech late in the evening. I remember hearing somebody on the promenade applaud and go AWWWW!!! as I got down on one knee.