Proper Feline Nutrition

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyFirstRagdoll

You'll never find good cat food at Wal-mart. Most all of their cat food is filled with fillers. I know I've read of the packages. Most start with *corn* If you want to find good cat food the pet stores are the best places. When I first got my ragdoll I thought Iams was great and you found it at wal-mart. Then when I started reading up on cat food I found out it's not the best, the best food are found in the pet stores.
you can find good wet cat foods
in walmart and grocerys if you look

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our Wal-Mart carries a fair supply of animal products, it wouldn't hurt to look and see if they carry anything good, would it? I'll probably ending up buying it at PetCo, but I atleast want to look and see what they have.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

Our Wal-Mart carries a fair supply of animal products, it wouldn't hurt to look and see if they carry anything good, would it? I'll probably ending up buying it at PetCo, but I atleast want to look and see what they have.
Never hurts... I can say I agree the drys avail there are not as good as the ones your looking into ... the maxxium brand is decent but it the same price as max or natural choice on sale... but I do suggest stretching the $$$ with some of the wets I mentioned

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I'll look and see what I can find for wet cat food. I'll probably end up going Nutro; is it okay to feed both Nutro dry and wet? Because I want to stay in a decent price range, but I want to give Zoe good quality.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

Okay, I'll look and see what I can find for wet cat food. I'll probably end up going Nutro; is it okay to feed both Nutro dry and wet? Because I want to stay in a decent price range, but I want to give Zoe good quality.
Yes ... but Nutro recently aquired there OWN cannery and in the not to distant future Nutro canned is going to be hard to find.. while they get everything back into production on the canned foods