Proper dieting/lifestyle changes.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetheart, don't take this the wrong way but I really really strongly recommend that you see a doctor and tell him how you're feeling about this. Really. From personal experience (there's a reason people were worried I was too skinny a few years ago) your attitudes towards your body are headed down a slippery slope that is very very hard to climb back up.
You are beautiful the way you are right now. If you are losing more than 2 pounds a week, you are doing it wrong. Your health is more important than the size of your clothes.
I'm serious. I recognize some of the things between the lines of what you're saying and you are not in a good place regarding this right now, and you need to be before you start thinking about trying to lose weight. It spirals out of control very quickly.
If you're stressing out about looking in the mirror, cover all your mirrors except a tiny compact just to do your makeup. I've had to do this before.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Sweetheart, don't take this the wrong way but I really really strongly recommend that you see a doctor and tell him how you're feeling about this. Really. From personal experience (there's a reason people were worried I was too skinny a few years ago) your attitudes towards your body are headed down a slippery slope that is very very hard to climb back up.
I agree completely!!! My sister lost 125 puonds (yes, she was seriously obese) in less then a year when she left us to work in a different state...we were freaking out when we finally saw her. We had to force her to transfer back home and got her to a doctor and it was confirmed - she was anorexic!!! It took 3 years for her to recover from that experience - mentally and physically!!! Please, if you are eating less then 1000 calories a day, consult a doctor/nutritionist...

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like you've already gotten some really good advice. I am working toward the same goals you are, and I fall off the healthy bandwagon all the time. It's tough to stick to it, but when you create the perfect healthy plan for you and set up your own system, it will work out for you. You CAN exercise everyday, BUT, you should not do weights everyday, it will wear out your muscles and do more harm than good. You can do cardio safely everyday and it is very effective for burning fat.

Try eating small balanced meals every couple of hours. If you are really hungry at any time, than you are not dieting right. You should eat often so you never get to the point of real hunger. Just wake up every morning and tell yourself you are going to treat your body in the way it deserves to be treated. Meaning making healthy eating choices (nutritious foods, and plenty of them) and exercising and drinking lots of water. Don't put anything in your body that does it more harm than good, such as too many processed foods or a lot of sugar.

Best of luck my friend. If you need any help or motivation, pm me, I understand how tough it is to make sure you are making HEALTHY and POSITIVE life changes rather than just looking for the quick fix of weight loss.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I agree completely!!! My sister lost 125 puonds (yes, she was seriously obese) in less then a year when she left us to work in a different state...we were freaking out when we finally saw her. We had to force her to transfer back home and got her to a doctor and it was confirmed - she was anorexic!!! It took 3 years for her to recover from that experience - mentally and physically!!! Please, if you are eating less then 1000 calories a day, consult a doctor/nutritionist...
I agree, too. I read a study years ago, where they took women who were not anorexic, and severely restricted their food intake. It caused the women to become anorexic!
So this is not something to fool around with, in fact it is similar to experimenting with drugs, in that it can cause a lot of long term problems!

Also, what happens physically when you overrestrict calories and protein is that your body actually begins digesting its own proteins. If you are losing 1-2 pounds per week, you are losing fat. If you lose over 2 pounds, you are losing muscle. The scariest thing is that it isn't just arm and leg muscle, it is the muscles of the stomach, intestines, and yes, even the heart!

If it has truly only been a week, talk to someone you trust about it, and let them help monitor you. If this is an ongoing issue for you, there is help. There is a way to lose weight and still feel good about yourself at the same time. And the fact that you are posting here shows you want to do it right!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xangelicxnekox

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't purposely mean to hit below 1000 calories and Im making sure I up my calories.
Questions, Im getting ready to do a wk of strength training so......I shouldn't do it? I should do it every other day. Cause I do cardio every single day.
And don't worry, since you guys gave me that eye opener about my calories I've been more careful to eat more to keep up w/a healthy amount of calories.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No honey, you can do the week of strength training, you just have to give your body at least a days' worth of rest. Like do it for 5 days then have an off day or two. OR, you can target different muscles each day. Like one day do legs and stomach, and the next do arms and back and just keep alternating. Whatever works for you and doesn't put wear and tear on your muscles.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by XangelicxnekoX

I didn't purposely mean to hit below 1000 calories and Im making sure I up my calories.
Questions, Im getting ready to do a wk of strength training so......I shouldn't do it? I should do it every other day. Cause I do cardio every single day.
And don't worry, since you guys gave me that eye opener about my calories I've been more careful to eat more to keep up w/a healthy amount of calories.
If you're doing full body workouts, no more than 3 times a week. If you're alternating muscle groups each day, then make sure you take 1 day off a week. Never do the same muscle group 2 days in a row. When you lift weights, you tear the muscle fibers a little bit, microscopically. Then, when your body rebuilds it, it repairs it stronger. So you have to give you body a chance to repair the damage you've done. This is how you build muscle.